1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Why XCL command doesn't work at all in Afterburner?

Discussion in 'AMD / ATI' started by RejZoR, Aug 28, 2012.

1. RejZoR

RejZoR

Thanks Received:
    Since unofficial mode doesn't work anymore, ppl have said i should use the XCL command to extend the clocks. The thing is, this thing doesn't work at all. I've tried -xcl and /xcl and in both cases Afterburner just doesn't start at all. If i remove this command from shortcut, it works again. But with limited clocks range. What gives!?

Gigabyte HD7950 WindForce 3X
    Cat 12.8 WHQL
    MSI Afterburner 2.2.3

2. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    I'm using Sapphire Trixx with my Windforce 7950s, works great. Sorry if this wasn't the answer you are looking for, but it may be a viable alternative for you.

3. RejZoR

RejZoR

Thanks Received:
    I'll stick with Afterburner then (sorry Wiz). TriXX allows me to clock higher out of the box but for now i'll stick with Afterburner because it has nicer tray icon and better controls (and monitoring graphs).

4. BababooeyHTJ New Member

Thanks Received:
    Trixx seems to lock up my computer. It seems to only happen after running afterburner. It could be some sort of conflict, IDK. I really like afterburner's OSD.

Since unofficial mode doesn't work anymore, ppl have said i should use the XCL command to extend the clocks. The thing is, this thing doesn't work at all. I've tried -xcl and /xcl and in both cases Afterburner just doesn't start at all. If i remove this command from shortcut, it works again. But with limited clocks range. What gives!? Gigabyte HD7950 WindForce 3X Cat 12.8 WHQL MSI Afterburner 2.2.3[/QUOTE]"]You need to download a "patch" that you can get from here.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2012
  5. BlackZero

BlackZero New Member

Thanks Received:
    You need to download MSI Afterburner version 221. This is because later versions of the drivers and MSI afterburner no longer ship with a couple of missing files. This is probably also why it doesn't work with the aforementioned switch added.

Once you have installed MSI Afterburner 221 you can install later versions too.

PS.

MSI Afterburner 2.2.1 - LINK

Last edited: Sep 4, 2012
  6. Garage1217

Garage1217

Thanks Received:
    It is just a missing dll file. I have it but it is at home. Just a drag and drop the file and it works fine.

You can actually find, and download an older version of afterburner. Pull the below file, then un-install / install new version of afterburner and drop it into the new afterburner install folder and it works just fine.

Missing dll :

ATIPDLXX.DLL

BababooeyHTJ says thanks.
  7. OneMoar

OneMoar

Thanks Received:
    BababooeyHTJ says thanks.
  8. BababooeyHTJ New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thanks guys, this did the trick for me. The /XCL switch didn't work on my second card.

9. Jimmi New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thanks OneMoar.