1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

wierd problem

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by KainXS, Jul 15, 2010.

1. KainXS

KainXS

Thanks Received:
    basically when I turn my xbox 360 on my pc turns on too, unplug the pc and plug it back up(without turning it on) it won't do it, turn it on and turn it off and then turn on the 360 it will do it again.

maybe a bad surge protector:confused:

2. gonzominium

gonzominium New Member

Thanks Received:
    ill admit that is wierd, umm i would start with changing the surge protector, also check your ACPI settings in bios, incase there is some wierd setting

3. DRDNA

DRDNA

Thanks Received:
    split up the power source and please hurry and report back....Or I'll have to call GhostBusters!

4. EiSFX

Thanks Received:
    are you useing the wireless 360 controller and do you have any wireless PC accessories likekeyboard or mouse or Controller cuz i'm thinknig that the wireless controller for the 360 (if your turning on the 360 with the controller and not the button on the console) might be interfering with one of your wireless things for your PC most likely the the KB and your controller is activating the power on through the Keyboard (W/E that feature is actually called) feature some motherboards have