1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Wifes HAF Mod..Better HAF?

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by GuavaSauce, May 27, 2013.

1. GuavaSauce

GuavaSauce

Thanks Received:
    actually, the temp created from OC wont matter with the water cooling and the air flow. I have blocks for the board, cpu and gpu. but even with out the board blocks, and even if I only used 3 fans per radiator, the amount of air cycling though will be more than enough for the stock air sinks.
    ThE_MaD_ShOt and theoneandonlymrk say thanks.
  2. r9

r9

Thanks Received:
    It looks like coffin.
  3. George_o/c

George_o/c

Thanks Received:
    I wouldn't go that far to compare it to a coffin lol, it's just something different imho :)
    stinger608 says thanks.
  4. Mindweaver

Mindweaver Moderato®™ Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    uh? No, you didn't.. you said, "well, I did only plan on using one fan per radiator, but both blowing out...."

I don't have to assume, because I don't know who you are or what you know how to do, but I'll give you a clue. This is a forum and people post in forums. Nothing was said out of the way too you, only suggestions. But with your response I can tell you already doubt yourself.

What pictures? really? How about the place for the exhaust fan on the back wise guy? Did you not cover that or do I need to show you in your own picture?

You do know it's the middle of the week? and you are welcome! I'll be here all week and weekend, but don't touch me because you might get shocked. ;)
    d1nky says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  5. McSteel

McSteel

Thanks Received:
    You all do realize that the case is grounded through the PSU, right?

Sub'd, this is definitely something completely different.
    m1dg3t says thanks.
  6. GuavaSauce

GuavaSauce

Thanks Received:
    oh good, I guess after I showed you the water, I have to make you drink it too......

since youve already caught on to some some sarcasm, ill just make points here.

nothing I said or posted made any suggestion that I was asking a question or seeking advice. thus, providing ZERO grounds for doubt, as there weren't any questions asked, and my response reinforces that. so, nice try, but, not really.

I suppose I would need an exhaust fan, only, I clearly stated that there is 2 radiators. did you not read anything I posted before opening your mouth, or do I need to quote myself? wiseguy? how about I show you my own pictures, that I posted, and well see if you can determine what a radiator is, or even where I would mount them to.

further, feel free to inform me how static electricity is formed and transferred. I didn't go to college, but I do teach electric and hydraulic theory and system maintenance. hint: friction. one more hint: not present here.

im already shocked at what muck and filth you've filled my thread with, so yeah, no need for touching. feel free so seek further assistance through pm's first.
  7. GuavaSauce

GuavaSauce

Thanks Received:
    further, I researched the naysayers here, and found the only 2 of them have posted mods on here, and really, its either just paint or slapping a couple of pieces into a case. so unless your posting them elsewhere, I wont find your advice credible.
  8. Mindweaver

Thanks Received:
    I don't need you to quote yourself, because I did and here it is again.. "well, I did only plan on using one fan per radiator, but both blowing out...." I'm not going to argue with you about it. The next flame baited post you make I'll give you an infraction. Remember this is a forum expect to have people ask you questions or test your knowledge, but don't take it so harshly. All I was looking for was a simple response not a flame baited argument.. ;)

You should do some more research, and know that you should edit your post, and not double post. ;) Oh and it's, "you're" not "your". :D
    Crunching for Team TPU
  9. GuavaSauce

GuavaSauce

Thanks Received:
    Then spend some time asking a question, and ill help one plus one equal two.

Further research, however is not required.

Also, you might as well ban me and close the thread. Ignorance past explanation is not acceptable from anyone.

So...thread closed.
  10. d1nky

d1nky

Thanks Received:
    well im probably one of the people you mention about posting a mod.

i was goin to say something earlier but your comments were already noted by someone else, this feels like another bald eagle all over again.

and whats wrong with a lil bit of paint and slapping a couple bits together?! its something other than a normal build. plus it looks better than a cushion in a case!
  11. Kreij

Kreij Senior Monkey Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    We decide when a thread closes.
    If you no longer wish to participate in the thread then leave it. It's that simple.
  12. GuavaSauce

GuavaSauce

Thanks Received:
    How simple is it going be, to decide if more pictures get posted? Like I said, thread closed.
    d1nky says thanks.
  13. sneekypeet

sneekypeet Unpaid Babysitter Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    For those who don't have Google, this is a coffin case mod thankyouverymuch ;)

[​IMG]

One thing I have realized at TPU is that it is very easy to criticize those that do rather than to try to do it themselves and get the same treatment.
    stinger608, xvi and erocker say thanks.
  14. drdeathx

drdeathx

Thanks Received:
    I am wondering, who edited my response earlier?
  15. Fourstaff

Fourstaff Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Last one to edit the post was you, not sure who edited it before.
  16. theoneandonlymrk

theoneandonlymrk

Thanks Received:
    Aww come on dude its different enough that people care to comment, id like t see pics and wasn't critical to you chill as probably should the overbearing mods :D
  17. McSteel

McSteel

Thanks Received:
    Thread killed by static? This is a new low.
    d1nky says thanks.
  18. t_ski

t_ski Former Staff

Thanks Received:
    I agree. It's one thing to make your point, but another to rant on and on about what you don't agree with. I'd be interested to see how this mod turns out, as it would be something completely unique. And if the thing dies from static or not would be a nice piece of info to add for the naysayers.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  19. silkstone

silkstone

Thanks Received:
    You're going to have negative pressure inside. Dust will build up more quickly this way if i remember rightly.

You want to use fan filters and have them pointing the other way if you want to avoid dust.

Edit - I just read the whole thread. Wow, a bit of drama!

Static electricity can be generated by more than friction btw. Think electric fields and induction like in a Wimshurst machine. Static electricity really just means built up charge, if you charge the plate of a capacitor and then remove the source of EMF then you have 'static electricity.'
    I dunno whether the EF created by a computer would be enough to generate static on those cushions though.
    Last edited: May 30, 2013
    d1nky says thanks.
  20. ThE_MaD_ShOt

ThE_MaD_ShOt

Thanks Received:
    I would still like to see the finished project as I think this is one cool ass mod. The anticipation of what the finished project is is killing me. What is the theme man?
    Crunching for Team TPU
  21. de.das.dude

de.das.dude Pro Indian Modder

Thanks Received:
    wub dub sub
  22. Mindweaver

Thanks Received:
    I agree as well guys, and I'm not to good to say that I was wrong in saying, "I don't know this just looks like a fire waiting to happen.." Because I didn't wait to see it completed. I'd like to see it completed as well, because I enjoyed this guy's "Station 6" project log. Hell I thanked the guy on Monday when he posted this project. ;) I was just suggesting how I would point the fans.. Nevermind I'm not opening that can of worms.. :p :toast:
    Crunching for Team TPU
  23. Arjai

Arjai

Thanks Received:
    Sad. Can't we all just get along? This is a new low for this place. Who killed the humor? Maybe we should sit you two down with the President, for a couple beers.

Meanwhile, bad apple ruined the pail. I, for one, wanted to see this thing completed and built. Naysayers aside, I like the out of the box- in the box crazy this guy was building. Oh well.

Maybe, next time somebody walks the other way, we can be a little more cordial?

I should just shut my mouth! Here is what this guy did for his FIRST mod! Shame we won't see this one!
    Last edited: May 30, 2013
    RCoon says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  24. GuavaSauce

GuavaSauce

Thanks Received:
    well, turns out im fresh out of Ahole till I can stop by supply. in the event, I may carry on.

I finished the front plastic parts, but the case paint didn't turn out the way I wanted it too so im going to shoot it black again and start over tomorrow. if I don't get it donr tomorrow evening, ill at least post the front plastic items.

kill.
  25. GuavaSauce

GuavaSauce

Thanks Received:
    so, as I said, the case paint that I already put down wasn't quite what I was looking for, and in order to get the color I want, I ordered some transparent base to tint with the candy red.

here are the front panel/bay bezels from the case. I only put a quick 600-1000 grit sanding on them, still need to hit them with the x,000 grits and then wash the dust off.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]