1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Wii shortages are not intentional, Nintendo really can't keep up with demand

Discussion in 'News' started by zekrahminator, Mar 31, 2007.

1. zekrahminator

zekrahminator McLovin

Thanks Received:
    The Nintendo Wii, which was once seen as the weakest console of them all (before anyone had even heard off the Wiimote and Nunchuck controller), is now leading the sales of all three next generation consoles. In fact, it's leading the sales by such a wide margin that Nintendo simply can't keep up with demand. Nintendo senior VP of marketing and corporate communication, George Harrison, has this to say about Wii production, and getting all the Wii's to the various markets.
    In short, the Nintendo Wii is doing extraordinarily in sales all over the world, and Nintendo can't keep up with demand.

Source: 1Up

2. Zalmann

Zalmann New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well, it's good to see the "smaller guys" winning for a change. Hope they set example with their lower pricetag, that the consumer does not necessarily go for the best, but what's reasonably priced.

3. wazzledoozle

wazzledoozle New Member

Thanks Received:
    Everyone I know who got a Wii (2 people) stopped playing it just weeks after getting it. There is a serious lack of worthwhile games.

4. BXtreme

BXtreme New Member

Thanks Received:
    2 weeks after getting it ???
    really ? what were they're age groups ?
    btw The pirate market has already got 12+ games :laugh:

5. wazzledoozle

wazzledoozle New Member

Thanks Received:
    17 and 18. Wii sports was fun for a while when theres a few people around, and Zelda was good until it was beaten (as all Zelda's are). Software is always a problem for launch consoles.

6. BXtreme

BXtreme New Member

Thanks Received:
    They're suppose to be more pc gamerz at that age though....
    Wii sports was already said to become boring in some time :p, but it's a free thing that comes with it. How can that be gd ? :D :ohwell: seems one thing I have to get this as fast as possible, or the stocks will finish and I have to get it after another month :\

7. Conti027

Conti027

Thanks Received:
    just wait for some games to come out and i hate sport games any ways so w/e and i never thought the wii would do this good

8. ktr

ktr

Thanks Received:
    ooo...with a guncon attachment...that would be neat.

9. BXtreme

BXtreme New Member

Thanks Received:
    Duck hunt, disc shooting and more are in the Wii play package :) named as Shooting range (i think).

10. WarEagleAU

WarEagleAU Bird of Prey

Thanks Received:
    Nice to see Nintendo regain its form in the Video Game Console world. They literally started it all, even though Atari, Coleco Vision and all that was here first. Nintendo brought it a home base, a name and a commonality.

11. Azn Tr14dZ New Member

Thanks Received:
    I think that a lot of Nintendo games are much more fun w/ friends around. I can't play Super Smash Bros. Melee alone, it's so boring but with friends it's the best game ever IMO. Same goes w/ the Mario Party Series. The Nintendo games are just better with friends (except some like Zelda and Metroid)

12. Ketxxx

Ketxxx Heedless Psychic

Thanks Received:
    Nintendo are very picky about what games get released on their hardware. This is both their strength and weakness, good because all the games are good, bad because the software library is pathetic in size. 'Tendo need to grow up and release some more adult games on the console to really make it worthwhile.

13. Pinchy New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thats not their target market though. It defeats the purpose of being a "nintendo" if adult stuff is introduced.

14. Ketxxx

Ketxxx Heedless Psychic

Thanks Received:
    No it doesnt. Just look how bloody well the remake of Resident Evil sold on the GC.

15. BXtreme

BXtreme New Member

Thanks Received:
    exactly!
    But isn't CoD3 and MoH released on the wii ? They're WWII, so violence is in it :ohwell:
    Nintendo is 'Nintendo' because it did what it did ! :D Target fixed to the younger market.
    The really large number of Mario fans, and Pokemon made Nintendo a special one ;) So it should stick to it :)

16. Pinchy New Member

Thanks Received:
    I reckon what nintendo are doing is smart. The PS3 and Xbox 360 dont have "fun" games like the Wii, which is what a lot of people want.

Sure we all like mad graphics, but how many times have you noticed yourself playing some crappy java game on the web when you have so many other games to play installed on your comp :D