1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Will Nvidia 3d work on this DLP?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by DaMulta, Dec 13, 2010.

1. DaMulta

DaMulta My stars went supernova

Thanks Received:
  2. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    My 2 cents - i came close to getting a 62 inch mitsu DLP but after reading the reviews of burnt out bulbs, horrible contrast, horrible side view, and mitsu service horror stories, i steered clear of it and got a 52inch LG 1080P LCD
    Crunching for Team TPU
  3. DaMulta

Thanks Received:
    See I will not have any side views in this room I'm going to convert. It's going to be like a small movie theater to tell the truth.....

I have no issues replacing the blub after a few years.....

One member in my fam has a 65'' and and has been going strong for years now. My dad's projection Sony has no issues with side viewing also...but it was a sony lcd projection; maybe there is a difference in LCD/DLP projection?
  4. DaMulta

Thanks Received:
    I just don't know what enhanced means. It takes 60h in and dishes out 120hz? just a guess on it, but does that mean only their 3d kit works?
  5. AthlonX2

AthlonX2 HyperVtXâ„¢

Thanks Received:
    I give you 3 months before you make another thread titled : Aww..Shit My DLP Died.:laugh:
  6. niko084

niko084

Thanks Received:
    DLP = Cheap alternative for large screen.

You get what you pay for... Not that they are bad by all means but of course they are not going to compare to a Plasma or even a high quality LCD.

Be careful some DLP's have issues with white out on the screens after extended use as well *heat from the bulb damages the screen*. Bulbs, they are going to burn up, it's going to happen period, don't watch it for 16 hours a day and don't CRANK the brightness. DLP bulbs should last around 60,000-100,000 hours depending on use.

Side note there are also now LED DLP's which are quite a bit nicer, you also do not get the heat or as much color washout.

As far as Nvidia 3d.
    I cannot say for certain but from what I can find it looks like it should work just fine.

You may want to consider calling/emailing Dell to ask them, or possibly even Nvidia support.
  7. AltecV1

AltecV1 New Member

Thanks Received:
    73"

=

[​IMG]

:roll:
    DaMulta says thanks.