1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Will the X38 support 16x for single vid cards in both slots?

Discussion in 'Motherboards & Memory' started by sinner33, Sep 28, 2007.

1. sinner33 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Was wondering if the upcoming x38 chipset by intel would support 16x bandwidth in both it's pci-X slots in single video card mode? Because plugging my single video card into the lower vid card slot with full bandwidth would be a selling point to me, to avoid my video card being close to the memory. :shadedshu

I know that currently p35's allow 16x/4x top/bottom bandwidth, but was wondering if the posted 16x/16x was only for dual card operation, or could I take advantage of the 16x in the lower video card slot? Which previously only gave me 4x bandwidth making the video card wasted there. :slap:

If someone has an answer to this, please reply. Thanks! :rockout:

2. tigger

tigger I'm the only one

Thanks Received:
    i believe in the x38,that would be fine,they both get 16x.in the p35,only the top slot has 16x,the bottom one is fed from the sb(i think) hence it is hardwired for 4x only.

hope this helps :)

sinner33 says thanks.
  3. sinner33 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I have my fingers crossed! This would be a dream come true! Because I like to put as much metal onto the board as possible to add to the "WTF is that?" factor when people look at it. I have been planning on adding a memory cooler on, but the placement of the video card on the top slot blocks the configuration of the locking mechanism for the memory cooler. If I were able to move the video card away from that slot, I can add to the bling factor with some memory cooling and still run the video card at full tilt. :toast:

4. SK-1

SK-1

Thanks Received:
    When are they launching again?

5. nflesher87

nflesher87 Staff

Thanks Received:
    already past due, I don't think they've set another definite date (though the last was supposed to be definite anyway :shadedshu) should be within the next month though as benchmarks are being released for them

6. Grings

Grings New Member

Thanks Received:
  7. SK-1

SK-1

Thanks Received:
  8. Grings

Grings New Member

Thanks Received:
  9. DRDNA

DRDNA

Thanks Received:
    LOL if this is what I have been waiting for they can keep it ...I am going with the DFI LP UT P35 T2R ...glad I took a look at the product ...now maybe DFI or Asus will have something better but I'm not waiting I'm defiantly getting the DFI LP UT P35 T2R ...errr i waited a extra month for nothing:shadedshu