1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Will this CPU work in this Motherboard???? Athlon 640

Discussion in 'Motherboards & Memory' started by Melvis, Aug 27, 2010.

1. Melvis

Melvis

Thanks Received:
    Hi there guys, i have one question and i was wondering if anyone knows if the AMD Athlon X4 640 will work in this motherboard >http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3448#dl

Now it says in the CPU support list that it does not, BUT there is a BIOS update to F3 but it doesnt say if it then can take the new AMD 640.

Just wondering if anyone had any idea?

:toast:

2. yes it should take it, the 640's been out long enough and it is an AM3 socket. i don't see the need to update, and you are talking about the Athlon II X4 640 right?

3. Melvis

Melvis

Thanks Received:
    Ahh yes sorry the Athlon II X4 640, yes thats correct.

I hope so i need this computer built and shipped off today and i was wondering if i hit a brick wall.

4. [​IMG]

5. Melvis

Melvis

Thanks Received:
    Yea i know it says it supports the Athlon II etc, i just looked in the CPU support list for that mobo and it says otherwise =/

6. EiSFX

Thanks Received:
    ya i find sometimes for every company thoes CPU support lists are never right up to date it should work with no problems

7. Well if worse comes to worse, you pop it your 965BE or 1055t and update the bios, then you stick the 640 in! :toast:

i agree.

8. Melvis

Melvis

Thanks Received:
    Yes i was thinking that myself and that might fix the problem if i come across one.

Yea i also agree on that.