1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Will XFX have GTX 460?

Discussion in 'NVIDIA' started by ebolamonkey3, Jul 12, 2010.

1. ebolamonkey3

ebolamonkey3 New Member

Thanks Received:
    They decided to skip out on GF100, does anyone know if they'll be releasing any products on GF104/106 or are they going to be punished by Nvidia now?
  2. mdsx1950

mdsx1950 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I think they gave up on making nVidia cards.
  3. douglatins

douglatins

Thanks Received:
    Shouldn't :mad:
  4. overclocking101

overclocking101

Thanks Received:
    xfx announced when fermi fist came out, they are dropping nvidia cards, big mistake imo, but to each their own.
  5. ebolamonkey3

ebolamonkey3 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I thought that was just for the GF100 Fermis, not a permanent drop.
  6. jmrios New Member

Thanks Received:
    Today I've found this in a store in my city, (Asuncion, Paraguay), an XFX GTX 460:

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I saw images of the same card in the past, and the people didn't belived in that images, and I can tell you people, this card is real, the image was taken with my Blackberry 8520 (poor camera, I know), if you download it, you can check that fact, the image was not manipulated in any form.
  7. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I would feel sorry for whoever bought it as XFX doesn't seem to actually support the card. Check their website.
  8. newtekie1

newtekie1 Semi-Retired Folder

Thanks Received:
    AFAIK, they only announced that they would not be making GF100 cards, they didn't say they would be completley dropping nVidia.

I'm pretty sure I saw news here that they had a GTX460 in the works.

Not likely, nVidia doesn't really punish AIBs for producing ATi cards as well as nVidia card. ASUS, MSI, and Gigabyte have been doing it successfully for quite a while now.
    Crunching for Team TPU 25 Million points folded for TPU
  9. HXL492

HXL492

Thanks Received:
  10. jmrios New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, It's very rare to see that card, I actually saw a guy in a forum of my country that has one, but he doesn't share with the rest of us the details (bundle, pictures of the manuals, gpu-z, benchs), as far as I know that card is still on his rig.. But I don't have more details on that, just the quick picture that I already shared with you. My impressions of the box: It looks very real, to be a fake, but who knows.
  11. H82LUZ73

H82LUZ73

Thanks Received:
    It seems fake to me unless XFX sold then in Asian markets. But they have NO INFO OR PICS SPECS ECT on the XFX main site....SO I say FAKE .

http://67.90.82.13/forums/showthread.php?t=260412

Know click the links under the pic Asian market is famous for fake hardware and the pic of it on the black box is what the 6870`s come in unless XFX use the same boring black box for all cards.
  12. HalfAHertz

HalfAHertz

Thanks Received:
    Excuse my ignorance, but where on the box does it say XFX? I can't seem to see it...
  13. mdsx1950

mdsx1950 New Member

Thanks Received:
    It doesn't say XFX but look at the Model and Part No.
  14. jmrios New Member

Thanks Received:
    I had 2 recent XFX cards, a 5850 BE, and the current one, the 6870, and the sticker contains pretty much the same information compared to the 460 on the picture. For me, is an Asian market card, that found it's way to South America, this model is in stock on a major distributor here. I can't speak 100% sure about this card, fake or not, since I don't own one. I was buying a new PSU for my future crossfire :D , and the card was in the store counter..
  15. NdMk2o1o

NdMk2o1o

Thanks Received:
    Look on the XFX website, heck I went to their south american site just to be sure, but there are no XFX 4** cards. So I would say that this is a fake cunjured up by some scam artists to rip people off, and well it does tend to happen in countries like paraguay, other south american counties and asian countries for some reason, though I don't hear many of the same stories from the likes of central europe the US etc.

Moral of the story? scammers in underdeveloped counties are a lot more creative than those in the developed world :laugh:
  16. jmrios New Member

Thanks Received:
    The only underdeveloped thing that I see here, is you. You are insulting my country, even my continent, probably without ever been here, to talk about one thing, you should first know about that thing. I was just showing a rare thing, and you came with the insults.. Totaly unnecesary. :toast:
  17. NdMk2o1o

NdMk2o1o

Thanks Received:
    It wasn't aimed at you, I was referring to underdevelopment as a term often used to refer to economic underdevelopment, and is not a personal remark on you or anyone else for that matter :wtf:

Sorry if you dont like to hear that these things generally only do come from certain countries/continents, though it is true for the most part HOWEVER it is still a generalisation as "shit happens" everywhere so please dont go getting all defensive, there really is no need.

Though I was a slow developer so your comment may be warranted?
  18. jmrios New Member

Thanks Received:
    Ok man.. no problem. Sorry if I abused with my words, I overreacted. :toast:
  19. H82LUZ73

H82LUZ73

Thanks Received:
    just for giggles try and register the card serial number at XFX LWT882116.Part number GX-460N-ZNFC

To me they look like A BFG card.
  20. newtekie1

newtekie1 Semi-Retired Folder

Thanks Received:
    I agree somewhat with the idea that it might be a fake, but I'm not entirely convinced that it is, especially since I know I read that XFX was planning on releasing a GTX460. Of course their removal from the European nVidia site as a board partner doesn't help the thought that they will be producint a GTX460.

The only reason I don't go with the "if it isn't on their site it can't be real" idea is that AMD released the HD4670 and for a good 2 weeks made no mention of it on their site. You couldn't even download drives for it. So if AMD can just completely ignore a release of their own GPU, the smaller XFX probably could as well.

Edit: It would seem that XFX has at least produced sample GTX460 cards: Xfx gtx460 1gb - XFX is back TO NVIDIA ? and http://product.yesky.com/product/654/654093/pic.shtml

However, that doesn't mean they will actually sell the cards at retail, and remember they had sample GTX470/480 cards as well.

And if you look at this image: http://product.yesky.com/picture/654/654093/2142785.shtml and compare it to jmrois' picture he posted, you can see that jmrois' picture is of an XFX card as the box matches. Particularly if you look closely at the background texture, that look of the overlapping metalic pieces is the same for both.

Though really I don't know why it is such a big deal to the OP that XFX make a GTX460, since XFX isn't really making it anyway. They are just pulling the card from a stockpile of reference cards produced by someone else and slapping an XFX sticker on it. You might as well buy an eVGA reference model, or any one of the other reference models available, because you'll be getting the same thing from XFX.

That only effects the European market.
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2010
    Crunching for Team TPU 25 Million points folded for TPU
  21. jmrios New Member

Thanks Received:
  22. smakked

smakked New Member

Thanks Received:
  23. jmrios New Member

Thanks Received:
  24. ebolamonkey3

ebolamonkey3 New Member