1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Will you buy an HP poll.

Discussion in 'Comments & Feedback' started by unholythree, Jul 22, 2012.

1. Fourstaff

Fourstaff Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    2.5 years ago this was the truth. I have heard they improved since then, proof being my brother's Probook which can take Furmark and Prime95 without overheating for half an hour.

2. Phusius

Phusius New Member

Thanks Received:
    My Dad bought an All-In-One HP last week, $800+ for a celeron processor, 4gb of ram, no video card, and 320gb hdd... I lol'd at him. I told him to listen to me and let me help, but he loves his All-In-Ones, so whatevs. So yeah HP can suck it.

3. Fourstaff

Thanks Received:
    You cannot blame HP for your dad's stupidity.

4. BATOFF

BATOFF New Member

Thanks Received:
    Not because someone threw a rock at it. I was more referring to hard drive and other hardware failures. HP do not replace hard drives with new units. They use refurbished. Ive done many a hard drive replacements and image restores. I myself have an Asus laptop and have had no problems at all. My main point is that I myself would steer clear of HP laptops. everyone is entitled to their opinion. Any other product from them I have no say at all. I also have a HP print/copy/scanner and ive been happy with the product.

Also on the replacement side where I had to order parts from HP, I have to say their service is quite good.

5. Phusius

Phusius New Member

Thanks Received:
    Doesn't change the fact HP exploits a senior citizen market, or an unintelligent one at least.

Kind of pathetic really, at least I have never seen an MSI or Asus laptop do that.

6. acerace

acerace

Thanks Received:
    I've always have good experience with Dell. :D

7. Fourstaff

Thanks Received:
    Dumb people deserve to have their money parted from them if they choose not to learn. If its ripping off people who have little/no way of knowing they are being ripped off beforehand then its understandable that exploitation is evil, but if help is readily available then I have nothing to add.

Asus and MSI occasionally does that too, but I cannot provide an example right now. Also you must take to account where your dad bought the AIO, is it directly from HP or through a rip off store?

8. Jetster

Jetster

Thanks Received:
    Its the same marketing Apple uses. Mediocre parts and make it look pretty

9. newtekie1

newtekie1 Semi-Retired Folder

Thanks Received:
    First of all, it is an All-In-One, which means due to the form factor the cost to manufacturer it is higher because almost every piece has to be custom made. $800 for an All-In-One is not a rip off.

Also, if he really did buy it last week, it certainly wasn't HP that ripped him off, it was whoever he bought it from.

HP's $800 All-In-One has the following specs:

23" TouchScreen LED Screen
    Core i3 2120
    6GB DDR3
    1TB Hard Drive
    Intel Graphics
    DVD Burner
    Wireless Keyboard / Mouse
    Speakers
    Win7 Home Premium
    2 Year Warranty

This is pretty damn good for an $800 All-In-One, actually pretty decent for an $800 normal computer with a 23" LED screen. When I assemble all that at newegg, including the OS and Monitor, it comes to close to $675. And that is using some bottom basement generic case with a generic 450w PSU, and ignoring the touchscreen and the fact that the HP is an All-In-One. And I'd still have to put the computer together myself, and I don't know about you, but some people's times are worth something to them.

So don't blame HP because you dad bought an outdated computer that HP doesn't even sell anymore from, likely, Best Buy who likely sold him a bunch of crap he didn't need to jack the price up.

Crunching for Team TPU 50 Million points folded for TPU
  10. remixedcat

remixedcat

Thanks Received:
    HP is poo on a clock. an evil alarm clock... I would tell them at HP to eat poop and clock.... they are worse then dell now. seriously. they can't even make heaphones right. what makes you think they can make computers right? they don't. most of the systems I've been working on the past 2 years have been HPs and most of them fail to the point I would have to replace the motherboards!

they would have to pay me to get another one of thier products.