1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Windows 7 Advanced Mouse Desktop-Precision ?

Discussion in 'General Software' started by RuskiSnajper, Oct 21, 2013.

1. RuskiSnajper

RuskiSnajper

Thanks Received:
    Hello

I don't play many FPS games anymore, just RTS a bit, and I work a lot with programs, video editing, modding, programming, browsing web all that kind of stuff that I actually require the precision that is gained by what Microsoft had in mind and however there might be better settings for desktop than just what they have in control panel, i want to use all that if it exists.

At the beginning of this new PC and win7 install i meessed a bit around and i think i disabled this, i think i made it better for games but it's crappy for desktop now. I keep missing buttons, icons, i keep clicking 5 times and miss radio buttons, I never had these problems, the mouse seems to be okay, this is killing me!!!

I'm just searching for a full guide from scratch to do advanced settings and the behavior that is required for this mode.

It's just getting past ridicolous, this is not how mouse supposed to work.

Also I think i was messing the registery to make it run at 500hz i think, but that's not really the problem, that doesn't affect the behavior in acceleration etc.

Maybe i used this: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-1208938.html
    Don't know, it's been quite some months back.

Basically I used one of the guides to set all those settings, but I want to revert back now.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2013