1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Windows 7 and Teamspeak

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Relyt, May 10, 2009.

1. Relyt

Relyt

Thanks Received:
    Hey guys, I searched the forums to make sure there wasn't a previous post and turned up with nothing. I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate 7000 Build (yes I know it's outdated). I got everything pretty much working except for one funky problem. I've got NO audio through teamspeak 2. I've done the sound drivers and audio works with everything except Teamspeak. I run push to talk and according to some of the people in server they can hear me when I talk. I'm running a Creative Labs Soundblaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer 7.1 Card with the Windows 7 beta driver. Any thoughts on why there is no audio only with this program? Any help and input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.
  2. speedpc

speedpc

Thanks Received:
    Teamspeak is the only program i cannot get to work in Windows 7 RC1. In the TS forums i do believe (but don't quote me) somebody said he was not going to create a program for a beta release, so i guess we will have to wait. BUT if you figure it out please let me know Thanks
    Relyt says thanks.
  3. Relyt

Relyt

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, like I'm sitting in server right now just no audio. But they can hear me. Makes no sense. I'm not getting errors or anything.
  4. speedpc

speedpc

Thanks Received:
    wow you got farther than me, i get an error message as soon has i try to load TS. OK let me ask you this, You do have the Mic boost up to 30% and the Mic Record propeties are all the way up ???
    Go in settings then Options in TS and see what you have for input device and output device
    Relyt says thanks.
  5. Relyt

Relyt

Thanks Received:
    Mic boost +20dB Boost is on and Mic Level is at 100%. Input Device Options are:
    Primary Sound Capture Driver
    "What U Hear" (Creative SB X-Fi)
    Microphone (Creative SB X-Fi)
    Auxiliary (Creative SB X-Fi)
    Line-In (Creative SB X-Fi)
    Digital Input Device (SPDIF)

I've selected Microphone (Creative SB X-Fi)

Output Device Options are:
    Primary Sound Driver
    Speakers (Creative SB X-Fi)
    Digital Output Device (SPDIF)
    SPDIF Out (Creative SB X-Fi)

I've tried them all and nothing works that I know of but I've selected Speakers (Creative SB X-Fi).

Under Playback in the sound control panel Speakers is checked but SPDIF Out and Digital Output Device (SPDIF) says it's ready.
  6. speedpc

speedpc

Thanks Received:
    Well I guess you have try everything (Good Job) If you get it to work let me know Thanks. sorry i could not be more help !!! Scott
    Relyt says thanks.
  7. Asylum

Asylum

Thanks Received:
    Go into your teamspeak settings and change it to wave sound!!
    That may correct it!
    Let me know!!
    Relyt says thanks.
  8. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    teamspeak 2 works for me in build 7000 x64 . Thats server and client on. i'll test RC1 now.
    Any problem you're having will be to do with setting up teamspeak incorrectly, or a problem with the creative drivers (I am not using creative cards)

edit: confirmed working here under RC1 as well.
    Relyt says thanks.
  9. _jM

_jM New Member

Thanks Received:
    I think its a setting your over looking like Mussels said. When I first got vistax64 I had a similar problem, with Ventrillo. Turned out I needed to re-install the sound drivers for my Audigy 2. Once I did that, I had to re-install Ventrillo also. Good luck on resolving your issue!
    Relyt says thanks.
  10. Relyt

Relyt

Thanks Received:
    Tried Wave Asylum no luck, I guess I'll try uninstalling my sound drivers and Teamspeak then reinstall and see what happens. I forgot to add I'm using 32bit W7 Ultimate =/ incase that matters lol