1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Windows 7 - Blue Screen Of Death (BSOD) help?

Discussion in 'General Software' started by BulgarianBoy92, Nov 21, 2009.

1. BulgarianBoy92

BulgarianBoy92 New Member

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]

HELLO :cry: - haha it was just a matter of time... the only reason i installed this windows is to play DX10 games.

I need your help, please!

This bscreen keeps appearing randomly - 30 minutes after start, 15 minutes after start, 4 hours
    after start. When my pc is idle, when im playing games - same... I just noticed that when playing CODMWF2 it shows up apparently 5 minutes in the game - it happened 3-4 times now.

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
    OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
    BCCode: 124
    BCP1: 0000000000000000
    BCP2: FFFFFA80029A0038
    BCP3: 00000000B66F0000
    BCP4: 0000000000010016
    OS Version: 6_1_7600
    Service Pack: 0_0
    Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
    D:\Windows\Minidump\112109-18314-01.dmp
    D:\Users\Kralq\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-30342-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
    D:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

:banghead: Here's my info:

Athlon x2 5000+ @ 3 ghz, corsair xms2 800mhz ddr2, gigabyte MA690V mb, 9600GT, 400W PSU

[​IMG]

If u have an answer to this problem, or you need more info (specify what) post here! :toast:

2. Mike0409

Mike0409

Thanks Received:
    This isn't a video driver problem.

Check your BIOS for "Enable 32-Bit Disk Access". If that is off, turn it on. You may have to update your BIOS if the option is not there.

Do you know when the problem started? Was it after installing to Windows 7?

Article from MS covering server 2008/Vista x64:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/952681

3. wolf

wolf Performance Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    I generally get a 124 BSOD because of overclocking, is that CPU overclocked? or any other hardware for that matter?

BulgarianBoy92 says thanks.
  4. Black Panther

Black Panther Senior Moderator™ Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    It might be a video card problem... Check this out.

Perhaps one of the solutions listed there might solve your problem.

BulgarianBoy92 says thanks.
  5. BulgarianBoy92

Thanks Received:
    Yes, its overclocked, ive oc'ed it even more, i oced it today for a benchmark, and i dont believe thats the problem, it has been running for a month on stock clocks and still the same problem,

Black Panther, thank you for your post, ill se it right away, ive googled my error 0X00000124
    and found some interesting and easy stuff to try... if nothing works, ill try some ur methods...

6. BulgarianBoy92

Thanks Received:
    I tried all, 32bit hdd access in bios and whatever, and it still doesn't work.... ill try disabling stuff from the device manger and ill see whats the problem

7. WarEagleAU

WarEagleAU Bird of Prey

Thanks Received:
    IS you memory set correctly? Try setting the specs in the BIOS to the ones the manufacturer has set. Sometimes the BIOS doesnt always do it correctly. IF nothing else you can try a fresh install. Those numbers just seem to remind me of a memory problem for some reason. I hope you installed the old video drivers before installing the new ones as well.

8. ONEoo7 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I think I had the same problem, random Bsod's with and without overclock, same software and most of the drivers that I've used on vista and sometimes lagging in games, frame drops from 50 to 20-10.
    I used debugger and it showed that was the video card driver same as yours 191.07 Whql, was causing the bsod. I didn't try any other driver besides the beta 195... I don't remember and that was worse :(
    Finally I came back to vista and everything is running smooth no errors, no bsods. BTW Microsoft says software from vista should work ok on 7, I can tell you for sure it doesn't, ex: Creative, iRiver; Virtual PC doesn't work on 7 because my cpu does not have virtualization, on vista it worked... and I think there are more.

9. BulgarianBoy92

Thanks Received:
    The hardware is working just fine... im using the same setup from 2-3 years with overclock, it was on stock clocks for ab 1 month , when i installed win7 i didnt want any problems.

10. thraxed Guest

Only time I see blue screens on win7 are either bad drivers or due to bad hardware. So you have one or the other.

11. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    I've had it with my old 3800 x2 system and was a driver issue. Although MS blamed one of many parts that could be faulty.

So maybe try uninstall \ re install drivers. Cannot tell you the ones it could be but it was the issue in my case.

12. fullinfusion

fullinfusion 1.21 Gigawatts

Thanks Received:
    I dont know if this is for w7 but its got some good info... here

13. r1rhyder New Member

Thanks Received:
    I would run memtest on my ram for starters.

14. BLuDKLoT New Member

Thanks Received:
    Same Error

Happy Holidays all,

I wanted to chime in. I have been trying to find a solution to this issue all day long. I bought a new PC and I am getting this same Bccode: 124 Error with Xfire.

System:
    Win7 Pro/64 - i7960 - Dual ATI 5890 - SB X Fi - 6GB Corsair - 300GB Raptor - 1000w - Asus P6T SE

Issue:
    Install Xfire > Log In > Black Screen > Have to hard Reset to recover system.

Troubleshooting:
    I've TS'd per XFires FAQ
    I've uninstalled/reinstalled
    Disabled Virus/Anti/Firewall
    Allowed exceptions via Firewall
    Updated all Hardware Drivers
    Ran Win Update

I still cannot connect to Xfire. Iim logged in for less than a second before my screen goes black and I have to ctrl-alt-del to recover back to desktop. I have never had this issue before and I am uncertain of how to proceed.
    Could someone please offer assistance so I can get back online with my bros! This is driving me nuts.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Respectfully,

Blud

15. sneekypeet

sneekypeet Unpaid Babysitter Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    IF it were an Intel rig, the 0124 error is known to be a VTT error. Either too much or too little of the amount you are using in the bios.

I am really out of the AMD loop, so I dont know what exactly VTT translates to in an AMD system, sorry.

Do yourself a favor and take all overclocks off the components and see if the BSOD goes away. Sorry to be blunt here....but redo the OC all together if you desire it, as something you are doing with the OC is crashing the system.

16. BLuDKLoT New Member

Thanks Received:
    New PC, not being overclocked. Besides, all other apps and programs work fine, this is the only issue. Still not resolved.... :(

17. francis511

francis511

Thanks Received:
  18. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    I've had this 0x0000124 error twice and it's a Hardware or driver issue.

Stop overclocking check your ram i s stable and your HDD's are error free. And you could try reinstalling other drivers for the system.

19. BLuDKLoT New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for the help guys, but its not a BSOD. When I try to log in, I log in for a split second, then my entire desktop just goes black, as if it were off. Seems like a security feature, but all of my Anti-Spy/Virus/FW are off, so this shouldn't be. I'd post the logs, but I cannot find them.

I'm not overclocking.

blud

20. sneekypeet

sneekypeet Unpaid Babysitter Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    if you are not overclocking why do you list a 2.6GHz processor running 3.0GHz?

21. AthlonX2

AthlonX2 HyperVtX™

Thanks Received:
    +1 thats definetly overclocked

22. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    BSOD is a BSOD and you got it and known it happen at random times. If you think it's due to some software uninstall the software to see if it stops.

23. Steevo

Steevo

Thanks Received:
    x64?

10 Million points folded for TPU
  24. BLuDKLoT New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yes....Win7 Pro/64

I wish I could explain this better, lol. You guys are awesome for the tips tho !!:toast:

Blud

25. BLuDKLoT New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm running a Intel i7 960 3.2 mhz, not overclocked. I think you're confusing me with another person.

Another thing I just noticed is, After I select "log in" I see a pop-up for a split second that relates to allowing the connection, or allowing it through my firewall. I cant get to it fast enough to select yes, because I get the Black Screen almost instantly.
    I have Xfire allowed in my Firewall, I added each .exe manually. Does anyone know how I can get this selected before my Black Screen? I know this must be the issue, but I dont know how to fix it or find the process to allow it. According to my Firewall, its allowed. if so, why am I still getting that pop up?

Thanks again.