1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Windows 7 boot partition corruption

Discussion in 'General Software' started by FreedomEclipse, Dec 1, 2010.

1. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    I recently migrated my windows 7 install from a 80Gb hdd to a 640Gb.

now. for a better part of a week the systems been running just fine with a drive for drive clone using the program Acronis - obviously i make sure i always shutdown the system correctly and dont make a habit out of doing hard resets or shutdowns while its in the middle of doing stuff - long story short, I know how to look after my machine and the original W7 installation has been running on this hard drive for over a year without the need to reinstall W7.

WHY is the new cloned drive corrupting after a few days even though the clone was perfect???

Is it a problem with the 640gb hard drive? because this is the 2nd time its happend. and im currently in the process of putting the original 80Gb Windows 7 hdd back in while i decide it its worth buying a new samsung spinpoint.

are there any reliable and possibly free tools out there that you guys know of that can repair a corrupt partition???

I want to avoid reinstalling W7 again so other then THAT option - any advice would be welcome on this matter

2. Tatty_One

Tatty_One Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received: