1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

windows 7 screenshots!!!

Discussion in 'General Software' started by philbrown23, May 26, 2008.

1. Karamas

Karamas New Member

Thanks Received:
    I think if i wanted something I would go to a mac.....I mean it looks the same. I think they should regress to the DOS style. They are putting too much effort into the "look" and not the capabilities of the OS. Look at how demanding vista is just for the GUI alone. They spent so much time making it look pretty they forgot that they were even making an OS, and ended up selling a game with a lot of bugs.

Rebo&Zooty and philbrown23 say thanks.
  2. Triprift

Triprift

Thanks Received:
    From what ive heard its gonna be more slimlined than Vista wich i suppose isnt that hard to do certainly looks sweet.

philbrown23 says thanks.
  3. beyond_amusia

beyond_amusia New Member

Thanks Received:
    to those of lustin for Minwin... Windows 7 will not be based on it. I read a story on it a few weeks back. Windows 7 will have the same basic requirements of Vista SP1 (vista SP1 is a bit nicer to low end systems than Vista RTM fyi). MinWin will be used for writing apps and such at Microsoft.
    Now, Windows 7 should SEEM lighter, because it'd be like launching Vista in 2010, and by then, 16 core CPUs should be common, so Vista will fly on those systems, and so will Windows 7.
    Microsoft's plans for Windows now are the same as Apple did to OS X.... Incrimental improvements only slight increases in system requirements, and Windows 7 should also increase compatability with programs via virtual machines, like OS X did with the Classic enviroment... MS is not copying Apple, they are just getting ready to start advancing their Windows OS into a more advanced product that will eventually no longer be Windows as we know it, but still be able to run all Windows apps.

EDIT: basicvally what I am sayin is that virtual machines are the future.

Last edited: May 27, 2008
    philbrown23 says thanks.
  4. beyond_amusia

beyond_amusia New Member

Thanks Received:
    Ah, but I think is is really 7 Ultimate, because Vista Ultimate has Tablet PC features in it, and the windows 7 developers said that they want advanced touch support in the OS because they fore see touch screens becoming common as they strive to get rid of the KB and mouse input methods. Also, voice recogition will be 'extremely advanced' compared to Vista and XP, so much so that you should be able to run windows 7 with only your voice. (read that somewhere too, lol)

Damn, I read too much about windows 7... But hell, I want it! lol.

philbrown23 says thanks.
  5. Laurijan

Laurijan

Thanks Received:
    I hope that it will be more compatible with XP progs which is by far the only reason i dont use vista..

6. philbrown23

philbrown23 New Member

Thanks Received:
    exatly, it says I think in there somwhere that it is 7 ultimate wich is why it has those "tablet" features, oh and virtual machines are te future, they just prolly will not be as "enthusiast friendly" as desktops are so they will be shunned in some places.

7. Hayder_Master

Hayder_Master

Thanks Received:
    thanx

8. beyond_amusia

beyond_amusia New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yes... I don't like the idea of rebooting into a classic mode, BUT, windows 7 will not need to do that like OS X had too. The needed APIs and shit will be there in the OS.. so basdically it says "Windows 98 app!" and loads the needed stuff so it'll run fine, kinda like Vista does on a less successful level.