1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Windows 7 SKUs Made Official

Discussion in 'News' started by btarunr, Feb 3, 2009.

1. niko084

niko084

Thanks Received:
    Simply put... Making large moves like heh everything is 64bit now is literally stupid and causes MAJOR issues... Look what happened when vista was released, they could have done 100% backward compatibility with XP applications, but they didn't and look what it caused.

As a starting line I know people that are running P4's with 1gb of ram running Win 7 now and are enjoying it more than XP or Vista, we are still talking about 32bit chips here... It's like asking why do they still make boards with PATA ports, why do floppy disks / drives still exist... It's nearly endless, but in turn they exist and are continued to be made for VERY good reason.

*Let's just convert ALL new gas stations to server E-85 only!*
    ***FYI this would make sense too at that level, you can produce "more" power from "less" E-85 then from standard E0-E10 blends.

What they should have done was individual packages as they were saying they were going to do in the first place... 99.9% of users do not need anything over Vista Basic and really need less than it gives. So if I want support for more ram, I have to get Business or H.Prem, then I get a lot of other junk I don't need nor want. It's Microsoft continuing to be fat and lazy.

I have no doubt that Windows 7 will be a great OS, I just wish they would do it "right" for once.

2. eidairaman1

eidairaman1

Thanks Received:
    ok MS needs to stick to the Plan they had with Win XP, Home and Professional.

3. Triprift

Triprift

Thanks Received:
    Yep thats what i said earlier would make sense instead of confusing ppl even though from what i read Home premium and Professional will be the ones most users see.

4. mtosev

mtosev New Member

Thanks Received:
    XP was/is 5 different versions: Starter, Home, Pro, Pro corp and MCE.

5. eidairaman1

eidairaman1

Thanks Received:
    Pro CE was just the Internal Test Build MS was using until it got leaked, it is XP pro just without the stupid DRM BS.

6. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    no. its the volume version that is used worldwide by businesses. Every university i've been to in australia has been using corporate, you just wouldnt know unless you investigated the CD keys as says pro when you look.