1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Windows 8.2

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Melvis, Nov 21, 2013.

1. DRDNA

DRDNA

Thanks Received:
    I did however notice that Adobe's Flash player does not work well if at all with IE11.

Solaris17 says thanks.
  2. Drone

Drone

Thanks Received:
    8.2 .... Meh I want 9!

3. _JP_

_JP_

Thanks Received:
    If this ends up being true, then it is a good thing that microsoft is willing to make changes, in order to appeal to those that have desktops.
    Even if it ended-up as a buggy or limited feature, making Metro a choice instead of the norm should have been the way to do it in the first place. That would have pleased both sides and would have given time to adapt to those that currently despise it.
    I've made my choice, though. After Win7, I'm going for a linux-based OS.

4. Eroticus

Eroticus

Thanks Received:
    Please don't talk shit ~.~

https://adblockplus.org/releases/adblock-plus-11-for-internet-explorer-released

[​IMG]

Torrent was on maximum upload + IDM downloading something.

5. H82LUZ73

H82LUZ73

Thanks Received:
    Boy that is some pussy you got there

As for 8.2 nope i think MS is just testing us with 8/8.1 to see how much will update there OS I think in a few years with Win9 we will have to pay them say $25 bucks to update to it sell the base os at $50 and keep charging us for the service packs AKA updates until they get our usall $150 -$200 for the retail OS like Vista /7 sold for ,Also the .1.2 in 8 means service packs guys.

Funny My dad had 2 Vegas and they both had 350`s from the factory in them ...so no not Street Rods.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2013
  6. Eroticus

Eroticus

Thanks Received:
    I Paid for Orignal windows 39$ :p upgraded from cracked version. and service packs was always free.

7. Kaynar

Thanks Received:
  8. Solaris17

Solaris17 Creator Solaris Utility DVD

Thanks Received:
    Ran into this today on a customers PC she could NOT play videos on yahoo i was getting pissed saw the video was being called by java reinstalled java reinstalled flash a few times rebooted finally looked at the update history and saw IE 11 stepped back down and everything worked

this background plz?

9. de.das.dude

de.das.dude Pro Indian Modder

Thanks Received:
    the most annoying of windows 8 is the start menu apps that work in the bg.
    i mean ffs if i play media from a removable media, i cant safely eject unlesss i go to the task manager and close it.
    wtf is that about.

just plain stoopid.

10. Frick

Frick Fishfaced Nincompoop

Thanks Received:
    I've seen that feature work once in my life: I had a proper chinese phone with built in memory, if I did not "safely eject" it the file system dissapeared. On everything else I've always been able to just unplug it.

But yeah that is the main issue with Win8: The duality and that you get thrown between desktop and Metro.

11. de.das.dude

Thanks Received:
    its usually fine since caching is off by default. but sometimes some files get corrupt if its in use. thats the problem. did it to my transcend class 10 16gb mmc once and the file system disappeared, but is visibile on the phone for some reason. weird.

12. purecain

purecain

Thanks Received:
    I hate windows 8, I use it for months on end when im out of the uk recouping.... and its shit....lol

windows 7 makes sense, why mess with the way executables work aswell... its just rubarb...

13. Eroticus

Eroticus

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]

de.das.dude and Solaris17 say thanks.
  14. Frick

Frick Fishfaced Nincompoop

Thanks Received:
    So no more info anywhere, it's all "they should" and "I want", and it's generally pointing back here. What do we call this?

15. qubit

qubit Overclocked quantum bit

Thanks Received:
    There's obviously file system corruption there that the phone is somehow getting over, so I would pull the data off it, reformat and put it back on to prevent permanent loss.

One should run with backups anyway...

16. de.das.dude

Thanks Received:
    its just songs and pics which i sync almost everyday, so no biggie :)

17. Nordakbalrem New Member

Thanks Received:
    Anyone have a guide for removing secure boot from windows 8 machines? I have 3 new comps that need 7 for unspecified reasons.

18. qubit

Thanks Received:
    Do you mean pirate copies?

19. Nordakbalrem New Member

Thanks Received:
    No I have a legitimate Win7 Enterprise key. Windows 8 doesn't support the peripherals that I'm using and I need to remove secure boot to install from my thumbdrive.

20. qubit

Thanks Received:
    Well, if the PC has a secure boot option in the BIOS, switch it off. If it doesn't, then you don't have to do anything.

Now just boot off the USB drive and wipe all partitions from the disc using the W7 setup program. You'll then have a clean disc to install W7 on.

And to state the obvious, make sure there's no data you want to keep on the hard disc before you do any of this. :)

21. Nordakbalrem New Member

Thanks Received:
    Here is the thing, it won't disable secure boot, all of the machines are manufactured by ASUS. I'm not at the physical location and I'm trying to get someone to get in and get me more information on the bios. All machines are brand new.

22. qubit

Thanks Received:
    So you can't turn it off? Have you tried installing W7 anyway with it switched on? Does it reject it as unsigned or unauthorized?

If so, then it justifies what myself and others on TPU have been saying for years that secure boot isn't really about security for the user at all, but is really there to prevent competing operating systems from being installed to prevent competition from the likes of Linux and is hence nothing but a dirty scam.

I suspect that if you have no way of getting past it, then you'll be out of luck installing W7 anything else that Microsoft doesn't approve of. :(

EDIT

If you're stuck, then I suggest posting the model numbers of the computers on here so that members can help you to look for solutions.

Nordakbalrem says thanks.
  23. Nordakbalrem New Member

Thanks Received:
    I had a dell purchased a few months ago, it was much easier to remove 8 from. I'm thinking I need to Flash the bios of this batch of computers and put something older in there. I'm not sure if it is the make or if windows requirements for secure boot are getting stricter. If I remember I'll post on here if the windows 7 DVD comes up unsigned. I'm currently waiting until the morning when I'll have someone there.

24. Arctucas

Arctucas

Thanks Received:
    http://chevyvega.wikia.com/wiki/V8_Vegas

The Vega was not offered with a factory V8 option

OK...