1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Windows 8 Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by Dos101, Aug 17, 2012.

1. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Apparently Im a child of the 80's because most that stuff I remember as "kids toys". Except the pumps. I got into MANY fights protecting them. MY PUMPS BITCH! BRING IT!
    ...PACMAN... says thanks.
  2. Dos101

Dos101

Thanks Received:
    POGS! Oh how I miss those
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2013
  3. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    thats actually a pretty cool ad
  4. syeef

Thanks Received:
    My country is still blocking Youtube (and I support it btw), but any other source for watching the ad?
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2013
  5. TRWOV

TRWOV

Thanks Received:
    Anybody getting mails stating that you need to activate Media Center?
    Crunching for Team TPU
  6. syeef

Thanks Received:
    I did.
  7. Mussels

Thanks Received:
    i got one.

gunna have to fire up my win 8 install to activate it i guess :/
  8. AphexDreamer

AphexDreamer

Thanks Received:
    So annoying. I lost sound from all my applications, music players and game until I closed chrome.

Why...
  9. syeef

Thanks Received:
    But I activated mine long back... still got one.
    Mussels says thanks.
  10. Drone

Drone

Thanks Received:
    It's just a reminder. Everyone (who installed w8) gets that mail. If you activated then don't bother.
    TRWOV and Crap Daddy say thanks.
  11. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    I wonder if I reinstall windows 8 later if my code will still activate. I ended up going back to windows 7 because of driver issues. I hope my code works later on when I upgrade again.
    Mussels says thanks.
  12. Drone

Drone

Thanks Received:
    Surface Pro 64GB Will Have 23GB Of Free Disk Space

That's uncool and it's x86

13. Crap Daddy

Crap Daddy

Thanks Received:
    It's bad. It's such a promising device but they ask too much, it's gonna be hardly available and you end up with half the advertised storage capacity. And Microsoft ask themselves why Android is winning the mobile OS market.
  14. Drone

Drone

Thanks Received:
    True. It didn't end that well and it's overpriced. It's hard to say exactly what is the right price for Surface but current price is relatively high. I hope Surface 2 or how they call it will admit and fix all these mistakes. I wanted to get a pro version but now I'm sure I'm gonna skip Surface. I hope Surface 2 will be much better if so I'll grab one.
  15. freaksavior

freaksavior To infinity ... and beyond!

Thanks Received:
    Alright guys I did a bit of searching but did not really find much. Maybe I missed it, i'm not sure.

Anyway, here's my deal. I loaded 8 again, i'm a sucker for new stuff to play with, but i'm having issues with dual monitors.

What happened is I told Chrome to open in windows 8 mode, now that's not a big deal to me but I would really like to have dual chrome apps/windows open so I can browse/read more at once. I like the face there is a small side windows, I use it for messenger all the time, so that and maybe a clock on the other small window would be cool.

Now I have no idea if this can be done, metro running twice essentially? Any ideas?
    Crunching for Team TPU
  16. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Is it me or does the event viewer seem more aggressive in reporting warnings and errors? Like Ill get an error in it if Bing Weather doesn't open up quick enough?! Seems to be instant to me and I wouldn't even know unless I looked at the event viewer.

I just need to take my buddies advice and enjoy windows 8 and stop looking at the event viewer if everything is running ok lol.
  17. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    Hmmm thought about installing this again the other day but still am skeptical about my WLAN drivers. A while back I did a dual boot with win8 and they seem to be working better but kinda borked my system uninstalling the WIN8 side. I just hate having to reinstall :(
    Crunching for Team TPU
  18. Drone

Drone

Thanks Received:
    If I understand you right, you want to run two Metro apps simultaneously on two screens? It's Windows 8 limitation. You can run desktop version on one and metro on another, you can't have two different metro apps on two screens.

[yt]-I0Z2Fz6myc[/yt]

It's unrelated to your problem but here's how to metro multitask and here's Toolbox for W8 it's in Windows Store but it's free.

[​IMG]

freaksavior says thanks.
  19. freaksavior

Thanks Received:
    I was afraid of that. M$ specifically said they improved multi monitor support too! I don't understand why it's so hard to make chrome run in the normal desktop mode. I'm forced to run either IE 10 now (which isn't that bad actually) or chrome and IE. I'm trying to like 8 guys, I really am, but I feel like it's a cool idea that's poorly implemented so far.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  20. Dos101

Dos101

Thanks Received:
    What about running Desktop on both monitors and having multiple Chrome windows in Desktop mode?
  21. freaksavior

Thanks Received:
    I can't get chrome to switch back to desktop mode. i've tried most of the suggestions in other forum posts I found via google.

It only opens in metro mode. I've pretty much given up on 8, i've tried so many times to get it working the way I want, when one thing works, another thing annoys me.

My boss has 4 monitors and he was saying he hasn't had any issues, So I feel kind of stupid heh.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  22. AphexDreamer

AphexDreamer

Thanks Received:
    Once it opens in metro mode hit the Customize and control google chrome button on the top right and hit relaunch in desktop mode. Its the button that looks like three small bars on top of each other.

If that doesn't work you might want to try reinstalling chrome.
  23. Dos101

Dos101

Thanks Received:

Ah I see. Do what AphexDreamer said and you'll be back in business.
  24. syeef

Thanks Received:
    I am having connection issue with Adobe Update Manager (CS5) on Windows 8. Giving me the following error:

"The update server is not responding. The server might be offline temporarily, or the Internet or firewall settings may be incorrect. Please try again later".

It works fine on my laptop running Windows Vista and my other desktop running Windows 7. Even tried with Windows 8 firewall disabled, doesn't work and I am not running any anti-virus (except for Windows built-in Defender).
  25. Mussels

Thanks Received:
    change your dns servers