1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Windows 8 Graphics Performance

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by W1zzard, Aug 19, 2012.

1. D007

D007

Thanks Received:
    That sounds about right from what I hear...lol.. I'll be skipping 8 for sure..

2. caleb

Thanks Received:
    It has nothing to do with any adoption rate among users. No corporation will use this OS because its too expensive to implement. It takes ages in my company (Orange) to get Win7 up and going everywhere.

3. james888

james888

Thanks Received:
    I got 8 only because it was $15. I can confirm it actually much faster than 7.

...PACMAN... says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  4. willowin New Member

Thanks Received:
    W8 enterprise 64bit works great

I went from W7 ultimate 64bit to W8 enterprise 64bit and I love it. It has a lot of add-ons that W7 doesn't. The ability to mount ISO's right from the windows explorer is awesome. Also, I had problems with W7 installing device drivers on a few things but W8 they installed and finally work properly. BF3 runs just as good or better and I have not experience any memory leakage as I did on W7.

So as far as my opinion, I think W8 is very good.

5. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    Yeah if you can get over Metro then it is good. But far too many people seem to not be able to do that, which is kind of silly. At least for more tech savvy people.

...PACMAN... says thanks.
  6. qubit

qubit Overclocked quantum bit

Thanks Received:
    I bought Windows 8 Pro for £25 the other day and have been playing with it. While I could use it as it is, I don't like what they've done with the Start screen replacing the Start button and certainly doesn't add any useful functionality. I also don't like losing Aero. That new look is ok, but certainly looks like a step backward from Aero.

Start8 solves the Start button problem, but I haven't seen an Aero add-on for it yet. Certainly Windows 8 retains all the code to render it. It simply needs to have the theme put back on.

Windows 8 has a lot of nice under the hood improvements, but it's just hobbled by those two things.

7. james888

james888

Thanks Received:
    Isn't Aero being gone the reason for that less resources are used? With

Crunching for Team TPU
  8. ...PACMAN...

...PACMAN...

Thanks Received:
    I'll be getting a new rig on Friday with windows 8 and I have two monitors. I have a GTX 660, will the two screens just display the metro and start screen if I hook up both or is there something else I would need to do?