1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Windows 8 Has a Killswitch

Discussion in 'News' started by btarunr, Mar 2, 2012.

1. erixx

erixx

Thanks Received:
    just thinking about apps: Why for fucks sake do most (95% or so) of all downloaded "apps" (for android and symbian in my case) ask me to allow them "network access" if they are not "network" related? (like single player games) I am afraid all those mof'ing apps are collecting usage data and even contact data! They should announce this build-in shit more transparently or DIE.

2. Aquinus

Aquinus Resident Wat-man

Thanks Received:
    Angry much? So many applications report back to the software company that developed it and you have no idea that it is even doing so... but before you start getting your panties in a bunch, what do you have to hide? You didn't steal the applications did you? No? Nothing to worry about.

3. erixx

erixx

Thanks Received:
    1) My right to have my privacy should remain UNQUESTIONED as only I can open it under informed consent conditions.

2) My broadband data connection is MINE and if I should shut it down I should still be able to run a tiny game on my phone/tablet. But there are already blockbuster SP games that require constant internet and nobody is stopping them...

Feel free to let people walk into your house and take your beer. Now STFU!

4. Prima.Vera

Prima.Vera

Thanks Received:
    ACTA, kill-switches...what is next? Global Communism?