1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Windows 8 Metro/Modern UI

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Moose, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Aquinus

Aquinus Resident Wat-man

Thanks Received:
    I just recently had to re-install Windows so I could clean the machine out and update my RAID stripe sizes. I'm pretty sure I don't regret putting Windows 7 on, which is a shame because I like new things but I feel Windows 8 is only a step in the right direction for Tables. Half of this Metro/Broken Aero crap is honestly due to the inability of Microsoft to continue considering the desktop market as a large portion of the market. Yes, tablets are growing, but I will always want a Tower and all the power and perks that come with it. Don't get me wrong, I have a laptop, and I'm sure I will have a tablet before I know it, but MS really needed to appeal to everyone and giving so much focus to Metro was a terrible idea.

People might give Apple crap, but at least they gradually make changes that don't overwhelm the users who are upgrading.
  2. hawk767

hawk767

Thanks Received:
    The thing is I feel a lot of the features I care about in windows are still there they just got covered up with the metro, literally.

Windows 8 almost feels rushed to me and feels like its not going to please half the people they hope it will.
    Aquinus says thanks.
  3. Live OR Die

Live OR Die

Thanks Received:
    Windows 8 is a good OS its just ugly that's why i spent over a week making and perfecting my own theme AeroByDesign For Windows 8, Also people that don't like the new start screen have a look at StartIsBack it adds back in the windows 7 start menu.
  4. eidairaman1

eidairaman1

Thanks Received:
    ill be laughing in a few months there is a major UI update to enable Aero fully. IDK Aero wasnt slow for me like most claim it is and My Bros machine is middle ground hardware and my stuff is well below low end by todays standards, but it boots and loads programs quick without aero being disabled. I honestly feel that the Start Screen should be able to be disabled
  5. hawk767

hawk767

Thanks Received:
    I have preferred the new look to be honest, looks and feels cleaner to me. I especially like how they adopted the Microsoft office style of tabs while going through the file explorer.
  6. Moose

Moose New Member

Thanks Received:
    Choice is something I strongly believe in, it's the thing that separates dumbed down systems/programs like OSX and makes Linux distros and Windows so great (most of the time).

There is no reason why I should not have the choice of having the old aero interface, they can have to new enabled by default for all I care, but them removing it makes me think that they think that they know so much better than me that they can actually block me from doing my own thing. Sorry microsoft thats what apple do.
  7. suraswami

suraswami

Thanks Received:
    after 4 days of use I don't really miss Aero, I think Windows 8 is practical and functional, initially thought of going back to 7 but now I like it and will keep it.
  8. irlandezul

irlandezul

Thanks Received:
    I wasn't use Aero , but Metro is annoying .
  9. WhiteLotus

WhiteLotus

Thanks Received:
    Another thing people seem to forget is that many desktops are used in the business world. You really think that business are going to lose the desktop and have everyone work on tablets? Desktops will always be around until they find something to replace it in the business world, and tablets are not it.

Furthermore I don't see business rush to upgrade to windows 8 to make their workforce more productive.
    eidairaman1 says thanks.