1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Windows 8 (well, 8.1) Asus logo

Discussion in 'General Software' started by shovenose, Mar 30, 2014.

1. shovenose

shovenose

Thanks Received:
    On my ASUS laptop it shows the Asus logo when it's booting up instead of the normal Windows 8 logo. How can I change this? It's an ugly logo.

My friend's Lenovo laptop does this as well - I know Dell and most other OEM computers do this too since I deal with them at work, but the Asus logo is just ugly. It's all gradienty and has some dumb slogan. It's a bummer too, since I don't mind a "flat" Asus logo just doesn't match the whole Windows 8 concept you know?

Anyway I did search for it but found no meaningful info.
    If anybody here knows, would be great.
    Thanks!

2. Hood

Hood

Thanks Received:
    In BIOS, boot settings, disable "show full screen logo on bootup". It will show a blank dark screen until Windows logo appears.

3. newtekie1

newtekie1 Semi-Retired Folder

Thanks Received:
    That isn't what shovenose is talking about, that disables the BIOS logo. Shovenose wants to disable the custom Windows boot logo.

I did it the "hard way", reformatted Windows and installed fresh with a standard 8.1 disc. But I wanted to get rid of all the bloatware crap too, so I was reformatting anyway.

If you don't want to reformat then I believe 8oot Logo Changer is what you want. You can use it to either revert back to the standard Windows logo, or replace the ASUS one with something better. Just be careful when you are installing it as it will install a bunch of unwanted crap if you don't pay attention.

Edit: I changed the link to the Softpedia one as that version doesn't have all the crapware bundled with it.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2014
    Crunching for Team TPU 50 Million points folded for TPU
  4. shovenose

shovenose

Thanks Received:
    Thanks! I'll check it out when I get home.

And @newtekie1 I am way too moved into my computer, and I actually need the bloatware or else the keyboard backlight won't work right :(

5. shovenose

shovenose

Thanks Received:
    Huh, don't think this is working :( It doesn't let me save or anything.