1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Windows BSOD at start up!

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Fox34, Jun 23, 2006.

1. Fox34

Fox34 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Ok i built the compy and have used it for sometime now. The only problems i usally get would be stabilty problems due to the O.C'in. I re-installed windows recently due to a corupted boot loader. Fixed it. Just recently(like today)I booted, the Windows xp was loading then it flashed a BSOD so fast couldnt read it, and restarted. So i loaded the Fail-safe defaults in the BIOS and chaned my DRAM clock to auto(seems to help) and enabled USB keyboard. It works but once in a while i got to load my fail-safe to fix it. Whats it giving me these BSODS?

2. b1lk1

b1lk1 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Memory timings too tight or not enough Vcore/Vdimm. My definite first guess is memory timings though.

3. Fox34

Fox34 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yea thats why i have been putting them to like default and auto. that seems to help but i keep gettin it. And i cant mod my volt core.

4. Solaris17

Solaris17 Creator Solaris Utility DVD

Thanks Received:
    hmmm well it most deff sounds like a hardware prob and not because of f'd up windows install its odd instead of setting stuff in the bios try unplugging the rig and taking out the CMOS battery that will set EVERYTHING to default. pull it for like 5 seconds and cyle the main power switch on the psu.

5. Fox34

Fox34 New Member

Thanks Received:
    lol good to see you again solaris. Hey check out teh case mod gallery, me and some fat kid fit a compy into a holowed out PS2 case, o yea. And yea i took out the battery once already fixed a lot of stuff but its like reacurring, could i be overstressing my PSU?

6. Solaris17

Solaris17 Creator Solaris Utility DVD

Thanks Received:
    hmm prolly what do you have hooked to it? and wiring mods it really all depends how many amps on the +12 and how many watts?

7. Fox34

Fox34 New Member

Thanks Received:
    i got a 450 PSU 29amps on the 12 rail. Uh 2 HDD, dvd burner 2 case fans, northbridge fan processor fan and floppy.

8. Jimmy 2004

Jimmy 2004 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Could be a driver issue - do you have any wireless cards installed, they're know to cause problems.

9. Fox34

Fox34 New Member

Thanks Received:
    No wireless cards, but ill chekc up on all my hard ware, and another thing, i got serious malware called like atmclk.exe.....