1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Windows Media Center Live TV Help

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by happy, Apr 3, 2012.

1. happy New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi,
    I recently purchased a Hauppauge 1250 as well as a terk amplified antenna to be hooked up to my pc. So after I hooked it up and all I am unable to download the tv guide from windows media center. It just hangs there forever and I am unable to watch live tv. Is it suppose to be this hard to watch live tv on your computer? Also I am unable to read CDs from my BD-Rom drive. I am however able to install windows 7, which is in DVD format. Anyways, how am I unable to read a simple CD that i need to install the win tv v7 provided by Hauppauge, and how am I able to watch live tv if I already have the drivers from the hauppauge site.

Please help

Thanks
  2. happy New Member

Thanks Received:
    ?
  3. TRWOV

TRWOV

Thanks Received:
    mmm... I have no experience with Hauppauge cards but couldn't you download the software from Hauppauge's site?

Media Center just picked up my TV Wonder 650s, I didn't even need to install drivers :confused:
    Crunching for Team TPU
  4. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept "I go fast!1!11!1!"

Thanks Received:
    Did you install the drivers? Just downloading the drivers isn't enough to make it work. You have to run the installer. Here's the link to the driver:
    http://hauppauge.lightpath.net/software/drivers/85drv_29272.zip

Restart the computer after the drivers are installed then run Windows Media Center, go to Tasks -> Settings -> TV Signal -> Set up TV Signal and follow the prompts.
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2012
    Crunching for Team TPU
  5. happy New Member

Thanks Received:

I have installed the drivers as well as ran the installer, but where I get stuck is that my stupid BD-Rom which should be able to play regular cd-rom fails to do so. It read everything else fine except the cd which is needed to install win tv7. I also tried to "run Windows Media Center, go to Tasks -> Settings -> TV Signal -> Set up TV Signal" but it just hangs there forever without downloading.

Tried everything possible..:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Thanks
  6. Law-II

Law-II

Thanks Received:
    Hi

go here - http://www.hauppauge.com/site/support/support_hvr1250.html select "Windows Media Center install" tab

look at - Setting up your TV tuner in Windows 7 Media Center - select download (will open a pdf with screen by screen instructions)
    "Download
    Here is a screen by screen view of the setup of Windows Media Center. It was based on the WinTV-HVR-1600, but the setup with other WinTV-HVR products will be similar."

Follow the guide stage by stage

let the TPU community know at what "step" Media Center gets stuck at Example: step 1, step 2

nb: It may be to do with your zip code and or post code not being entered

In regard to your DVD Rom drive - go to -control panel/device manager/DVD/CD-ROM drives -make a note of the make and model number Example: Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-215D ATA Device - highlight the device you have installed -press right mouse button-select properties-details-property and select Install Date from the drop down list and let us know this.

atb (all the best)

Law-II
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2012
  7. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept "I go fast!1!11!1!"

Thanks Received:
    You don't need any optical drives at all if you use the drivers that I linked to. You also don't need Win TV7 (Windows Media Center replaces it--Win TV7 is for computers that don't have WMC). In fact, if you intend to use Windows Media Center, you should steer completely clear of Win TV7 in order to avoid conflicts.

1) Download 85drv_29272.zip
    2) Open it and drag the 85drv_29272 folder out of the ZIP to decompress it.
    3) Open the 85drv_29272 folder you decompressed and run HcwDriverInstall.exe
    4) Click through the prompts until you hit finish.
    5) Restart the computer.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  8. erixx

erixx

Thanks Received:
    yes!!! Install only the drivers!!!! Bundled media software of this or that brand is totally shitty!

I knew the old WinTV center and after years I tried it again, super new version: it is even worse looking and working!

Stick to Microsoft Media Center: fantastic and does all you need.
  9. Arctucas

Arctucas

Thanks Received:
    @happy,

I have a Hauppauge 1850 and I ran into the same issue.

I agree erixx, WinTV7 is not that good, Windows Media Center is much better.

Be sure you have the PlayReady runtime installed.

Also, I found I needed to disable my Kaspersky Internet Security completely before the Guide would download.

Good luck
    happy says thanks.
  10. ron732

ron732

Thanks Received:
    Back to basics question here. After installing the card with driver, did you run the Windows Media Center setup? WMC needs to be configured for your tuner.
  11. happy New Member

Thanks Received:
    I did but that is where the downloading hangs. It just doesn't download at all.
  12. TRWOV

TRWOV

Thanks Received:
    What if you disable your firewall and antivirus as Artucas suggested?
    Crunching for Team TPU