1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Windows update registry problems

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Flamingsupernova, Feb 25, 2007.

1. Flamingsupernova

Flamingsupernova New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hey there, I have updated my computer recently with windows update, and after about 5 minutes after the computer has started, my computer comes up with this
    [​IMG]

I dont know what to do about it, but i know that it seriously slows the computer down, and i cant figure out what to do
    thanks

2. Alec§taar New Member

Thanks Received:
    Someone who's going to find NewTekie1 and teach hi
    Two Things Come To Mind For You To Check:

1.) Event Viewer (%windir%\system32\eventvwr.msc), run it, use it, & PAY CLOSE ATTENTION TO YOUR APPLICATION LOG mostly, & SYSTEM log, with error messages, around the time of the 'abend' of the app.

&/or

2.) Use taskmgr.exe, & run it from the startup of your system... be in its PROCESSES tab, & if you see the process list go down, or a process disappear, right before/during that errmsg-abend? You have 'the culprit'...

* THAT IS, provided it is NOT a service (which are brokered under services.exe/svchost.exe)... to see their constituent processes under those brokers, you need other tools... but, that's when you use #1, instead.

:)

(EITHER WAY OUGHT TO HELP YOU "ZERO-IN" on the offending process)...

APK