1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Windows won't boot back up from sleep

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Sir B. Fannybottom, Aug 26, 2011.

1. Sir B. Fannybottom

Sir B. Fannybottom

Thanks Received:
    When ever I put my pc into sleep or hibernation it doesn't come out of it. It just shows a white dash that flashes. I never had this problem till I got my new mobo (A770DE+) Could it be a problem with the mobo?

2. hellrazor

hellrazor

Thanks Received:
    Don't sleep or hibernate. There are over 9000 different things that go into putting a computer into either of them and if any one of them goes wrong it won't wake. I'm sure there's some way to disable at least hibernation in Windows, but I don't know where.

3. Drone

Drone

Thanks Received:
  4. Jetster

Jetster

Thanks Received:
    Check your power settings in the BIOS. Windows 7 sleep mode works fine. I wouldn't suggest disabling it. Why have your system sucking air and spinning drive if your not using it. I have seen some issues with some input devises not allowing the system to go to sleep. But Drone mentioned it

5. stinger608

stinger608 Dedicated TPU Cruncher & Folder

Thanks Received:
    Did you change your hard drive when you installed the mobo? Some hard drives do not like hibernation or sleep mode.

Crunching for Team TPU More than 25k PPD