1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Windows wont load after installation

Discussion in 'General Software' started by GoFigureItOut, Nov 9, 2012.

1. GoFigureItOut

Thanks Received:
    I just purchased a Sony Vaio PCG-71912L laptop from Craigslist. Before completing the transaction, I made sure it could boot into the pre-installed Windows, check the RAM, and HD size. Everything seem normal. However, I wanted a clean install of Windows. Windows installs fine, no issues. After going through the steps of making a user-name, setting up the time zone, and configuring updates, it prepares the desktop and does the final reboot. This is where the problem comes in. It goes through the BIOS check, after the splash screen it tries to load Windows (white blinking cursor), then the laptop recycles to the BIOS again. It will continue this process until I turn it off. I can reinstall, but the process will happen all over again. One thing that struck me as bizarre; there's no 100MB system partition. What can I do??

System Specs:

Intel Pentium 2.0 GHZ
    4GB RAM
    500 GB HDD
  2. GoFigureItOut

Thanks Received:
    Fixed

By trial and error I kind of figured out the issue. While the PC was booting, I had my finger on the ESC key and a Grub4Dos menu popped up. The issue turns out to be SLIC Loader is not compatible with the laptop.
  3. AthlonX2

AthlonX2 HyperVtXâ„¢

Thanks Received:
    I had that happen with a Zotac mini pc
  4. segalaw19800

segalaw19800

Thanks Received:
    :toast: