1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Windows XP x64

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Solaris17, Nov 20, 2007.

1. Solaris17

Solaris17 Creator Solaris Utility DVD

Thanks Received:
    Well ok i have a prob im ready to go x64 bit...i have a x64 bit disk windows xp pro x64 only prob is it wont read the disk.......i mean the bottom is perfect only prob is their are 2 little bubbles in the disk were some of the files are. So as you can see the install never works...so i downloaded the x64 bit pro test edition from microsoft.......now when i boot to it it says this is a trial version with 120 days or w/e but like if i use my key and say it works and theirs a chance it wont....will it be an actual copy or will it still be only 120 days? im really ina grind i cant return the disk i want x64 bit i have a key a near perfect disk...and no OS so im not sure what to do...
  2. Ben Clarke

Ben Clarke

Thanks Received:
    It should work, as a test edition is really just an unactivated copy but registry hacked so it's 120 days instead of 30.
  3. Solaris17

Thanks Received:
    so it should work if my key does?
  4. Grimskull New Member

Thanks Received:
    on the one you downloaded, look in the unattended.txt file, the cd key for it is in there. on 32-bit windows its in the I386 folder (as far as i am aware). might be different to the X64. I take it you got the X64 from a place you cant return it to *cough* ebay? *cough*. Or get in contact with MS (i know) and tell them that the CD is scrathed and hope they dont ask for proof of purchase..... or............. if you can get your hands on a OEM copy..... the 32-bit XP's i use can take any CD key... .as long as it is legit.
  5. Solaris17

Thanks Received:
    im the disk is mine my buddy bought it didnt want it so i asked if i could have it. then since thie disk is defective........(the reason he said i could have it) i downloaded the trial from microsoft wondering if my key would work to make it the full copy...or if my key did work if i would just be wasting it because it would appear as a trial.
  6. Grimskull New Member

Thanks Received:
    hang on....... if you download a trial piece of software (any software) you can use it for x amount of days until u pay for it right.......... then after you pay for it, you get a legit cd key and the trial becomes a full version because it overwrites it in the registry. you have a legit cd key so maybe its the same basis? ya? no? maybe? thinking out load here!
  7. Solaris17

Thanks Received:
    hmmm ya id assume so and ppl seriously this is rediculous if you would READ my first post youll seeit isnt pirated.
  8. CrAsHnBuRnXp

CrAsHnBuRnXp

Thanks Received:
    People are always quick to judge that you pirated something.

If worse comes to worse, download the XP x64 online and use YOUR LEGAL CD key.
  9. InnocentCriminal

InnocentCriminal Resident Grammar Amender

Thanks Received:
    Obviously people don't have a sense of humour.
  10. Solaris17

Thanks Received:
    well it kinda worked...i tried using mykey and it didnt work...so i used the trial key and it installed then it said i had days left tom activATE....um ok it said but i didnt have net so i activated over the phone and it went away i had a legal copy wtf? i didnt spend a dime ok.......but i hated the of watermark so i was like hmmmmmm...so i booted into my copy of x64 cause i didnt want to take the time to ride myself of the water mark so i booted to my disk and every time it needed a file i popped in the downloaded version...then it got to the key part i put in mine and..it worked!!!!!!! woot so now im running x64 andjustintime cause whilei wasinstalling i gotmy dual channel4GB kit w0ot!!!! x64 and 4 gigs of ram. only prob is im using my GF laptop to post this because my net adapter doesnt have 64bit drivers but my buddy is trading me his link sis one so yay.