1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Wireless console 2 Malfunction

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by @RaXxaa@, Sep 15, 2009.

1. @RaXxaa@ New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hello everyone, I have a asus g71 and i notice it has bluetooth, now i dont see a software to make the bluetooth useful, i think its only for extentions as a bluetooth mouse/keyboard but it would be sweet if it had bluetooth file transfer and stuff, i dont see anywhere over the internet of this so if any one knows if the bluetooth on it is usefull?
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2009
  2. @RaXxaa@ New Member

Thanks Received:
    Actually i now have a problem with it too, The software controller for my wireless+bluetooth (wireless console 2) shows me wireless lan only, as before there was bluetooth and now its dissapeared, i have no bluetooth connectivity option, any one know how to solve this?
  3. A Cheese Danish

A Cheese Danish

Thanks Received:
    Afaik, you should be able to transfer files via bluetooth between the laptop and the other device. I've done it with my laptop and my HTC phone.

As far as getting the bluetooth option back, check Device manager and see if it has a yellow exclamation point.
    If so, download the drivers for it and see if it comes back. If not, you could also try system restore or repair the OS with the system disk
  4. @RaXxaa@ New Member

Thanks Received:
    now ven worse problem, the best buy says it comes with bluetooth optional! :eek:
    As it may seem my laptop never came with it!
    but it showed me bluetooth enabled for a couple of months even thought it wasnt there

ASUS IS A F#@Kin RIPOFF!!!!

I dnt know what to belive, that i had a bluethooth and suddenly it dissapeared?
  5. CrackerJack

CrackerJack

Thanks Received:
    g71 does have bluetooth, it will enable just like wireless. Assuming with a function key and the bluetooth key... buy not real sure.

To enable is Fn+F2 Bluetooth switch Hotkeys
  6. @RaXxaa@ New Member

Thanks Received:
    Dosent maater if you read the above post :(
  7. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    If you had bluetooth at one point, you have bluetooth. Just because some Best Buy dude told you it is optional doesn't make bluetooth magically dissapear. Did you actually look in the device manager? Did you check Asus' website for the driver? Did you do any research on your notebook to see for yourself what it actually can or cannot do? I suggest you do.

*There is a bluetooth driver for your notebook. Google: Asus Support, go to the Asus support site. Tick downloads. Input your Notebook info. Download bluetooth driver. Install bluetooth driver.
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2009