1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Wireless mouse response delay

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Yellow&Nerdy?, Apr 8, 2011.

1. Yellow&Nerdy?

Yellow&Nerdy?

Thanks Received:
    Hey guys, I'm probably going to be picking up a new Full HD monitor. Right now I'm using a wireless laser mouse, which has a precision of 1600 dpi. I've heard that wireless mice have a delayed response when it comes to higher resolutions. Since I do play games, will this be a problem?

2. Techtu

Techtu

Thanks Received:
    Meh... I'm currently using an 800dpi optical mouse on on a full HD monitor, which I did occasionally game with from time to time too (I can't now due to stupid wrist injury) but I never had a problem, IF anything it all comes down to the user and his/her playing style - personal preference.

3. newtekie1

newtekie1 Semi-Retired Folder

Thanks Received:
    Wireless doesn't add a delay anymore, even on extreme resolutions. However, the lower DPI certainly will be noticeable the higher the resolution goes.

I'm still using an MX700 800DPi mouse on a full HD resolution monitor and there is no delay from the wireless, but the 800DPi make the mouse seem extremely slow unless I increase the pointer speed in Windows.

My G7 on the other hand flys at 1600DPi, and the G700 I just recieved it totally awesome with no difference between wired mode and wireless.

Yellow&Nerdy? says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU 50 Million points folded for TPU
  4. Mathragh

Mathragh

Thanks Received:
    Both me and my friend both had (different) logitech wireless mouses, and both of them had a noticable delay.

It can be quite annoying when you're used to a high DPI wired gaming mouse, but you can get used to the delay quickly enough.

I'd say, if you do not notice the delay now, you probably will not in the future :toast:

5. newtekie1

newtekie1 Semi-Retired Folder

Thanks Received:
    I would bet the wireless had nothing to do with it, the lower DPi was the problem.

Crunching for Team TPU 50 Million points folded for TPU
  6. Mathragh

Mathragh

Thanks Received:
    As far as I know, DPI doesnt delay anything, it only makes the mouse on the screen go slower compared to how fast you move it over a surface, but does not delay the 'start' of the movement.

7. Frederik S Staff

Thanks Received:
    Wireless mice have the same delay on all resolutions so that will not change.