1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Wireless Router help needed

Discussion in 'Networking & Security' started by mlee49, Jan 14, 2009.

1. mlee49

mlee49

Thanks Received:
    So I've got some troubles with my wireless network. I've got a Linksys WRT54G v6 and I can access the setup ip address 192.168.1.1 but I cant access any other sites there after.

My ISP is a cable connection coming into a cable modem then going to my Linksys 54G. I tried to set up a Static IP a few days ago and I believe this is the repercussions of my failure. I've tried to reset each router/switch and even in the Linksys setup I've changed it back to Assign automatically and reset the darn thing after with no luck.

Can any one help? I sure it's a simple setting to adjust but I'm not sure where I'm overlooking it.

Nevermind, I found that I didnt set the DNS Server setting to enable. Fixed it! Thread is pointless now and can be doomed to the depths of this forum(please delete or lock :))

Last edited: Jan 14, 2009
  2. timta2

Thanks Received:
    A lot of people have trouble with that one. The problem is that it is never pointed out anywhere exactly how important the DNS settings are. There are several routers that come with the DNS address set blank and people wonder why they can't get online.

mlee49 says thanks.
  3. mlee49

mlee49

Thanks Received:
    Thanks, I should have taken a screen shot of the settings before I tampered with trying to set up a Static IP account.

4. Castiel

Castiel

Thanks Received:
    Yeah that would of helped.