• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

WirelessHD 1.0 Specification Launches

malware

Processor Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 G0 VID: 1.2125
Motherboard GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3P rev.2.0
Cooling Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme + Noctua NF-S12 Fan
Memory 4x1 GB PQI DDR2 PC2-6400
Video Card(s) Colorful iGame Radeon HD 4890 1 GB GDDR5
Storage 2x 500 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 32 MB RAID0
Display(s) BenQ G2400W 24-inch WideScreen LCD
Case Cooler Master COSMOS RC-1000 (sold), Cooler Master HAF-932 (delivered)
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic + Logitech Z-5500 Digital THX
Power Supply Chieftec CFT-1000G-DF 1kW
Software Laptop: Lenovo 3000 N200 C2DT2310/3GB/120GB/GF7300/15.4"/Razer
WirelessHD, currently comprised of Intel Corporation, LG Electronics, Matsushita Electric Industrial (Panasonic), NEC Corporation, SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS, SiBEAM, Sony Corporation and Toshiba Corporation, today announced it has completed the development of the first wireless specification for high-definition baseband video transmission and will present the format to Adopters in early 2008. Additionally, since the October 2006 WirelessHD announcement, it has grown to include 40 Early Adopter and Promoter companies as well as technical support with regards to content protection for WirelessHD 1.0 from the Motion Picture Association of America (MPAA) and technical support for DTCP content protection from the Digital Transmission Licensing Administrator (DTLA).

WirelessHD or WiHD, is a wireless high definition digital interface standard operating in the unlicensed and globally available 60 GHz frequency band and represents the first consumer application of 60 GHz technology. It is suitable for a wide range of devices including televisions, HD disc players, set-top boxes, camcorders, gaming consoles, adapter products, as well as other source devices.

Completion of the WirelessHD specification enables CE manufacturers to focus on their WirelessHD-based product development efforts. WirelessHD's 4 Gbps high-speed wireless digital interface and secure content protection technology ensures that future products developed based on the specification will provide consumers with a secure, quick and easy way to connect, play, transmit and port their HD content among a wide range of devices. The specification also includes provisions for universal remote control of all WirelessHD compliant devices.

Recognizing WirelessHD's prioritization of content protection, the Motion Picture Association of America will work with the special interest group to protect film copyrights during wireless in-room transmission.

"The major motion picture studios are actively engaged in the development of innovative new solutions that give consumers greater flexibility and more choices for how and where they access and enjoy movies and television shows," said Jim Williams, Senior Vice President and Chief Technology Officer for the Motion Picture Association of America (MPAA). "As this process evolves it is imperative to foster a secure environment that protects this high-value content from rampant theft and illegal redistribution. WirelessHD has worked closely with us in meeting these critical goals, and we are encouraged by WirelessHD's commitment to foster content protection in the wireless, digital age."

"With the completion of the WirelessHD specification, consumer electronics manufacturers can focus on their WirelessHD-based product development efforts," said John Marshall, Chairman of WirelessHD. "This important industry initiative will change the way manufacturers develop and market devices, as well as reshape how consumers interface with these products."

WirelessHD has commenced development of its compliance program and associated test specification plan. WirelessHD is also preparing a logo usage and license program that will permit consumers to properly recognize interoperable WirelessHD products. In conjunction with this program, WirelessHD has garnered support of major test equipment manufacturers.

"Industry response to the creation of the WirelessHD group has significantly surpassed expectations and we look forward to broad industry adoption." stated John Marshall, Chairman of WirelessHD.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Processor OCed 5800X3D
Motherboard Asucks C6H
Cooling Air
Memory 32GB
Video Card(s) OCed 6800XT
Storage NVMees
Display(s) 32" Dull curved 1440
Case Freebie glass idk
Audio Device(s) Sennheiser
Power Supply Don't even remember
How many people want to rip the video stream? Honestly. The source will be a lot better/easier to rip.

I'm going to wear a mask and encrypt my voice b/c someone could hear me *rolls eyes*

These corps make me sick.

Also looks like range will be severely limited at 60 GHz. Is this going to be for people too lazy to run cables for 10 ft?

Last edited:

ojaneka

Well, some people dont want see any wires..
MAC, mac

System Name beast
Processor 3930K
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-X79-UD3
Cooling Noctua NH-U12P SE2011
Memory 16GB Kingston Value DDR3 1333Mhz CL9
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Aorus Elite RTX3060 12GB
Storage 1x 120GB Intel 520 and some spinny bois
Display(s) 3x DELL S2721DGF
Case Antec P182
Power Supply Corsair 750w
VR HMD Oculus Quest 2
Software Windows 10
you know because the MPIAA allways gives 'consumers greater flexibility and more choices for how and where they access' their content
/rant

id love to swear in this thread, or nutkick the ceo of the mpiaa.

guess this'l just be another product [range] that consumers will repeatedly nag for in a couple of years, bitch about pricing. ect, more wireless garbage imo.

Easy Rhino

Linux Advocate
Staff member
System Name Desktop
Processor i5 13600KF
Motherboard AsRock B760M Steel Legend Wifi
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S
Memory 4x 16 Gb Gskill S5 DDR5 @6000
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Gaming OC 6750 XT 12GB
Storage WD_BLACK 4TB SN850x
Display(s) Gigabye M32U
Case Corsair Carbide 400C
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 650 P2
Mouse MX Master 3s
Keyboard Logitech G915 Wireless Clicky
Software The Matrix
i really dont understand the point of this...am i missing something? what can i do with wirelessHD ? im guessing this has something to do with the industry's thinking that soon we will all have central servers in our homes and that all content on the servers can be access wirelessly, even HD content. So your blu-ray player can access the server wirlessly and pull the blu-ray movie uncompressed. this is the only reason i can think of this. sorta like we stream music and movies from our PCs to our playstations and xboxs.