1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Witcher 2 - Light Bleeding Fix ??

Discussion in 'Games' started by jonathan1107, Jun 8, 2011.

1. jonathan1107

jonathan1107

Thanks Received:
    Hey guys,

Has anyone found out how to fix the bleeding lights (lights spots through walls and such) in Witcher 2?

(For Crossfire Users with 11.5b hotfix)

I found out that installing the CAP4 profiles fixes the light issue, but it creates another bug where you can't talk to anyone in the game (which means you can't do any quests anymore lolzzz)

So I'm just askin around to see if someone has been "clever" enough to find some sort of tweak to fix this.
  2. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    It's a game issue, not a driver issue. I also cannot talk to NPC's anymore since the latest patch. The latest patch fixed the light bloom issue though. CDProjekt is "working on it".

Someone on some forum stated that setting textures to "Medium" allieved the issue with talking to NPC's. This game is awfully buggy.
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2011
  3. jonathan1107

jonathan1107

Thanks Received:
    Ok here's some useful info you might wanna use or transmit to others who you know have trouble with the game (stuff I found out after testing a little bit)

Witcher 2 Known issue #1: Light bleeding bug ---> Happens mainly to those using either SLI or Crossfire... For AMD card owners, you can get rid of the light bleeding by installing the 11.5CAP4 profiles... but you won't be able to talk to anyone anymore...

Solution: Wait for new drivers or patch from the game dev to fix this... IN order to keep playing, remove the CAP4 profiles but keep the 11.5b hotfix (you'll still have the light bleeding bug but at least you can still talk to NPCs and continue questing...)

Known issue #2: When you go to do the quest "Indecent Proposal" and you enter Loredo's house, you will lose all dialogue audio definitly... it's a very known and spread bug

Solution: Continue your "Indecent Proposal" quest with subtitles until you finish your conversation with Loredo and leave the area (I went into the Inn to make sure) and SAVE HERE... Now back to the main menu, and start a new game up to the Prison Dialogue with Roche... Go back and load your game (your save after "Indecent Proposal" quest)... fixed it for me...
  4. Easo

Easo

Thanks Received:
    Funny thing is, most people didnt found any bugszzz in game. I feel sorry for those, who did. Guess also, that CF and SLi is a b.....
  5. jonathan1107

jonathan1107

Thanks Received:
    That's not the way it is... I said these are problems (very known) for Xfire and Sli users not for single card users like you...

I'm glad for you that you don't have any bugs... Let me give you this one advice: If you ever decide to upgrade your video card, don't go SLI or Xfire... wait for a single Brute card to come out (like the 6990) and get that instead...

Multi-GPU is Sh....... you fill in the blank :OP