1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Wondering about Front Panel audio connections

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by EiSFX, Aug 26, 2008.

1. EiSFX

Thanks Received:
    Hello all a friend of mine uses his front panel audio connections in his case (Antec 3 Hundred)
    and is useing a X-Fi Extreme gamer soundcard and was wondering when you usaully plug in your headset to the front panel should it disable the sound comming from the external speakers cuz right now it isen't it keeps playing from both his headset and speakers if there is a way to disable the sound from the speakers while his headset is pluged in how you go about doing that if anybody can help me with this plz can you help

Plz and thank you

2. sneekypeet

sneekypeet Unpaid Babysitter Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I can do this with a tweak in my realtek sound manager, but alas its all onboard, no soundcard.

Could do it the easy way and turn the volume nob down on his speakers while using his headset!

3. EiSFX

Thanks Received:
    well i thoguht even on the sound sard it would stop the sound coming from the external speakers

4. nINJAkECIL

nINJAkECIL New Member

Thanks Received:
    does your speaker has a headset jack (3,5mm)?
    if so, use it when you're want to use headset, and unplugged it when you want to use speaker