1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Wondering if my new CPU heatsink will be enough to cool my soon to arrive CPU?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by EiSFX, Aug 10, 2014.

1. EiSFX

Thanks Received:
    Hello all I going through a little computer upgrade. I have already upgraded my Motherboard, SSD & Hybrid HDD, CPU Heatsink, and Video Card all currently in my System Specs if you would like to check them out. What i'm wondering is I plan on getting the AMD FX-9370 CPU and wondering if my new heatsink (be quiet! Dark Rock 3) will be enough to decently cool the new CPU? I don't plan on overclocking and if i do it will be a minor overclock no limit pushing type of overlock.

So do you all think my be quiet! Dark Rock 3 heatsink will be enough to cool the AMD FX-9370 CPU?

2. ruff0r

ruff0r

Thanks Received:
    Well, you cpu is rated at 220W TDP, your cooler is rated for 250W TDP on the web page.

You should be fine, even thou i still recommend water cooling that beast.

3. basco

Thanks Received:
    one of the best air coolers here on tpu-reviews.

4. eidairaman1

eidairaman1

Thanks Received:
  5. EiSFX

Thanks Received:
    That is the problem I think all of you haven't noticed I have the Dark Rock 3 not the Dark Rock Pro 3. Which I'm thinking is not enough to cool the 9370. And I don't think my wife will like it or even let me change heatsinks since I just bought this one like 4 days ago. So I might just get the one step down CPU the AMD FX-8350 Black Edition. Then I will just see if I can overclock this one to the speeds of the 9370.

6. MakeDeluxe

MakeDeluxe

Thanks Received:
    EiSFX says thanks.
  7. MikeMurphy

Thanks Received:
    If it's insufficient, just replace the fan with a more serious fan. It will be louder, but it will do the trick.

8. EiSFX

Thanks Received:
    I have the fan speed max all the time since the fan is so quiet i just wish i could fine another exact same fan (135mm Silent wings Fan) and do a push pull config on this heatsink.

9. suraswami

suraswami

Thanks Received:
    As long as you are having good air flow, then that air cooler should be fine cooling that monster. OCing probably would need water cooler. But most of the time you can under volt that CPU and see better temps.