1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Working at Wendy's sucks!

Discussion in 'General Nonsense' started by Apocolypse007, Nov 17, 2008.

1. Apocolypse007

Apocolypse007 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Did my first day of "training" today. Basically their idea of training me was to put me in front of the sandwich assembly station, leaving me alone, and just assume I knew what I was doing. I was mostly ignored the entire day. Even though it wasn't considered a busy day, I was just struggling to keep up because I didn't know what the hell I was doing.

After almost 5 years of service to Roy Rogers, I thought the move to another fast food place would be an easy one. It was a terrible move on my part.

I will stop by the Gamestop where I live today and see if they are hiring. I'm starting to get sick of fast food and I wouldn't mind spending some time with people who share my interests. Anyone worked at a Gamestop before? How was your experience?

What was the worst job you guys have had?
  2. DaMulta

DaMulta My stars went supernova

Thanks Received:
    Worst job

Lets see I have done so many things

I used to work at this company that sold steel.
    [​IMG]

Anyways in the summer it would get 100F-110F out side, and inside where you worked....OMG it was hot!!!!!

It sucked major ass........

Also building school buses, good money...BUT OMG the pain you have after a ends day of work building them.

We would build around 50 school buses a day.......

Then another suck ass job is toner refill for printers
    OMG that stuff gets in your nose and never comes out........

lets see what have I done. I was in fast food, and I was apart of two special rated groups of people in McDonald's, and Sonic. We had the fastest drive through times in the USA when I worked with them...Assembly work in metal parts, plastic parts, fishing poles, fishing rells, all sorts of assembly jobs. I have done remolding work from fire water damage. I have been a carpenter, and a framer on building houses. I have also been a top electrical technician(Instrumentation link to wiki) for natural gass compressors(hard filed to find a job from)I went from a noting, to one step down under the top(group A B C D) in one year. This takes reading blue prints, to planning, to laying it all down and doing the work. With no over site!!! I did the cable job, and now I am in Computer Repair, and Image business which inculdes support and selling scanners that would cost around 50k....I also do the image business and computer repair store by myself for the most.

This is my everyday job now.......

On top of that I do PALiT stuff
    I go to a lan here and there.
    Lots of talking, and taking time with people to talk to them about video cards...fun
    I read tons of information to keep to with the times
    I am and ran ocLIT which is now on the slower times, but at one time it was really busy.
    I used to do all the news for AMD on TeamATi.

PALiT pays us in other ways than just free video cards, and it was the same way in teamati. Most people never get hardware at all! Yep, at a lan events when we are giving away tons of video cards. Most of us have older cards, and could use the upgrade ourselves. Yet they do not get them, because it's not in the budget or how it is being run.....

They help us do shows, and we would do shows with and for them.
    We gamed, with other gamers. ATi used too, and PALiT pay's for hosting of our website, and the hosting for game severs such as BF2 or COD4. We also have servers for lan events to host games on. All sorts of little things we want to do they pay for. It's for the whole as a group more than it is more for the one person.

TeamAMD(never apart of), TeamATi, and TeamPalit have always been about products we on the team love to talk about, and to use. There is no other reason why we do it. That is also the reason why you have to be asked to be apart of the main team of people.

As for ocLIT team members, you guys do rock
    In random order names with awards at hwbot.org
    http://www.hwbot.org/profile.team.do?teamId=1839
    TheGoat Eater: 153.6 points - hardware awards: 1x 3x 5x 5x
    DOM: 69.6 points - hardware awards: 6x 1x 2x 7x
    Wile E: 28 points - hardware awards: 3x 1x 1x
    Tatty_One: 10.6 points

^^^2 all of the above :rockout:

And not forgetting largon(which I will still get you back on) which made a lot of this possible!! He is one of the Vmod kings in my eyes...:respect: 2 u.

Last but not least PALiT:toast:. For funding the group, and for making cards that can overclock like hell with a vmod installed on them.:rockout:

It's cool as hell to see a team of people you picked out. Too see ocLIT(Overclocking TeamPALiT)on the top of Futermark, and at Hwbot.org charts. In their areas of overclocking; is more than just amazing!!!!
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2008
  3. DaMulta

Thanks Received:
    You want a fun job?

Go install cable TV and Cable Internet. Or phone lines!!!

Now that is a fun job!!!!

I used to do that from 7:30AM to 10PM 6 days a week and loved it. I was also making about 1k to 2k a week......Do contract work only. I swear!!!
  4. Paulieg

Paulieg The Mad Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    So, why don't you do it anymore? :)
  5. DaMulta

Thanks Received:
    Say you go to a house to install cable TV

I was paid 20 dollars for turning it on, 50 dollars for running a new line to the house. 20 dollars per new drop in the house, and 5 dollars for every exsiting plug that was in the house.

So I would make on the average house 20+50+4 new drops 80+2 already there 10
    160USD an hour....or do this 2 times an hour, and make 320 an hour.
    I swear!!!!

I was fired over a 5 dollar job, and my son was born the next day.....

I forgot the tool to lock people out of the box, and so I just cut the cable instead of turning it off the correct way. It was a 5 dollar per house job, and is also considered a easy day of work. You just make 50 stops and 5 mins per stop normally when doing cable cut offs.

BUT

When you contract if you bill for a job you didn't do you are instantly fired!!! Instantly, there is no do overs. So when I didn't cut their cable off the right way it was considered a false bill......

Another company the next day offered me a job running teams of guys in Kansas City. For big $$$, but I had just had my son. I would of been gone for most of his young baby life. 2 weeks out, 5 days home.....I had just sighed a lease to an apartment that was 1k a month and a killer cut off lease.... it sucked so bad Errrrrrr

Then I Fed up my Drivers license so bad that they took it away from me for speeding to much....I maxed out the points.
    My insurance went from 20 a month full coverage
    to 400 a month full coverage on the same cars....

My drivers license has a max of 10 points before it is cut off(in my state, and this is different in every state). So if I would get caught speeding. That would be one point on my Drivers license.

You lose 2 points per year"If you don't get anymore tickets"

I finally don't have any points, and I can go sell cars. Also I could go back to doing cable work, but I don't know if I have the time for that anymore. Seeing that I am a full time single parent....

TO END

During that from 7:30AM to 10PM 6 days a week you do get other time.

You are all over town, and other towns. So you get to stop at home all the time....and you get breaks here and there. You have tons of free time to do whatever you want to do. Jobs are given on time schedules. So if you get done a few hours ahead you can have a few hours off; or you could call in and say does anyone need help. You would then take those orders that they can't handle and make more money that day. It is up to you, time off, or more money.
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2008
  6. JC316

JC316 Knows what makes you tick

Thanks Received:
    Amen brother. Thats what I do. I work for myself. You have to work hard, but man, at the end of the day, it's worth it.
  7. DaMulta

Thanks Received:
    updated my posts above lol:)

I hope this helps Apocolypse007!
  8. Corrosion

Corrosion New Member

Thanks Received:
    i work at wendys also, and it has been one of the worst jobs ive ever had.
  9. lamil

lamil New Member

Thanks Received:
    what do you do?
  10. Palit_Guy

Palit_Guy Palit Representative

Thanks Received:
    My worst job ever was being a hod carrier. Basically I made mortar for bricklayers all day and then had to carry it up the scaffolding for them (and the bricks/blocks) in 5-gallon buckets. You get real strong real quick.
  11. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    I think my worst job was working for a local landscaper for minimum wage. Nothing like shoveling dirt and gravel for 10hrs a day.
  12. kysg New Member

Thanks Received:
    meh, I wouldn't say it sux, just one of life's issues you have to deal with...I hate to sound like a prick or a jerk, but seriously you could not be working and not having a job period and there are worse fast food joints other than wendy's ...and I'm not even gonna comment on the community college one....
  13. mudogramx

mudogramx New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm starting a custom computing and repair business myself. It kicks ass to get paid to do what you love.
  14. DaMulta

Thanks Received:
    You can always get a job that is like owning your own company. One that lets you work at your own pace, and one without someone over your shoulder 24/7. It also comes without the headaches of owning your own company. That stuff can really stress you out......money wise
  15. JC316

Thanks Received:
    I do it all. Freelance computer and home theater work, and I sell handcrafted soap. Anything else that needs to be done. Haven't been doing much in the way of computer work since I went to a crazy dudes house. He had a real live wolf living in the house with him.
  16. DaMulta

Thanks Received:
    soap?

Like in Fight Club?

U know you could make bombs with that stuff lol.
  17. kysg New Member

Thanks Received:
    Im pretty sure you can make bombs with anything.
  18. JC316

Thanks Received:
    No, I can't because I leave the glycerin in my soap rather than suck it all off and leave you with pig fat. Hell, I don't even use animal fat in mine, only vegetable oil.
  19. Apocolypse007

Apocolypse007 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I can make a bomb with a stick of dynamite and a toilet paper roll :D .

Thanks for all the support guys, It's nice to know that I'm not the only one here stuck with a crappy job. I've applied at gamestop and wal-mart. I'm so sick of fast food and I think retail will be better. Game-stop would be nice as I'm not to fond of wal-mart.

as for starting my own business. I would love to but...
    -I lack the funds to start one
    -The pay is unreliable and I live in New sewickley (Not a very populated area)
    -College keeps me busy most of the time so I can't devote much time to it until summer

It would be nice to be able to do what I love for a living, but until I can, I will still be working crap jobs and hate it.
  20. Exavier

Exavier New Member

Thanks Received:
    I work for a supermarket.
    I get paid not lots.
    I feel invalidated.
    /cry
    /emo activities
  21. RadeonX2

RadeonX2 New Member

Thanks Received:
    so is finishing college worth it? well in my country college is the most valuable to earn a job and paid right. I agree with having an own business start off a little biz then you'll soon climb up to top and earning millions :toast: hardwork and patience... right now I'm in college but I stop lately lucky me I'm half jap can go abroad in Japan and earn money there then back in my country I will start a business.
  22. crtecha

crtecha New Member

Thanks Received:
    Telemarketer for AOL. I never in my life received soo my verbal abuse.
  23. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    college gives you the skills, if you dont have the skills you cant do, simple as that

having your own custom pc and repair shop is a terrible market because so many people are just going online and finding solutions or buying parts online and making it themselves
    also it costs more to buy gear from a shop rather than internet

the only thing that the local pc shop is good for is handiness for blank cds bought a printer from there, they fix broken printers too most of the stuff is stuff i can do myself there is allays RMA lol

my college course is the easiest shit ive ever done they told me no you dont have the qualifications to do the HND so i have to do this NQ first its unbearably piss
  24. bassmasta Guest

I once worked at mcdonalds for a while. the reason it was so horrible was that every night we'd get bored and have frozen patty fights. once in a while, one would go off course and we'd have to spend the whole night searching for it. we usually found them.
  25. MissJane807 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Just Applied at Wendy's

I recently applied at Wendy's...with reservations. The only fast food I've done is working in the snack bar at Target. Sounds like Wendy's has the same training program as BK. I think any job is what you make of it. I'm hoping for the best. Thanks for the input.

My worst job? My first job was working on an assembly line. Talk about mind-numbing! The only fun part was working with friends; we were all there for two summers. To break up the boredom, we played "Name That Tune" with the pipe-in music. There were four of us who were just there for the summer, and we annoyed the heck out the people who were lifers. FUN!