1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

OFFICIAL World Of Tanks

Discussion in 'Games' started by ivicagmc, Aug 12, 2011.

1. Fourstaff

Fourstaff Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Almost ashamed to say that I am starting to enjoy Lorr 40t. Insane burst damage? Check. Fast? Check. Heavy enough to ram? Check. Able to directly influence the outcome of the game? Check. Only problem is that in brawl heavy maps it rapidly becomes quite useless if your teammates don't create gaps for you to exploit.

2. Zubasa

Zubasa

Thanks Received:
    And this is where the American Auto-loaders really shine above the French.
    The higher tier mediums and heavy tanks have enough armor and burst damage to bully their way through lower tiers.
    So they can make their own gap if they have to.

The French on the other hand are faster thus do better on more open maps.
    The problem of this is these maps are now dominated by big TDs which can easily burst you down.

3. BraveSoul

Thanks Received:
    any1 here has russian premium churchillIII tank?
    im having bad time with Lorr40t, got to get used to it i guess

Crunching for Team TPU
  4. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    It's my first premium tank. With a skilled crew and complete relevant equipment, the tank's gun becomes a machine gun of sorts. 1.9s reload for me. :laugh:

5. Fourstaff

Thanks Received:
    Try to stick with team as much as possible, and don't trade shots. By the time things clear up a bit, usually on your 2nd or 3rd reload (and you are sure no one is aiming at you) dish out the hurt. Sit back and snipe early on if you have to. If you see lone tier 8 tanks, just unload and send him straight to garage. The only tank I have difficulty with is the IS3, its too short at times. Every other Tier 8 will be sent to garage if all 6 connects. Against tier 10 opponents sit back and snipe. Assuming you are still healthy and game is not over by mid-end game you will dictate the outcome of the battle.

BraveSoul says thanks.
  6. BraveSoul

Thanks Received:
    was wondering how much effect do Vents and BIA have on reload time? like 2% increase each?

Crunching for Team TPU
  7. agent00skid

Thanks Received:
    A surprisingly bad weekday session for me. :S Only 50% winrate.
    Though my games in my T-34-85 were pretty bad. :S

And premium is too bloody expensive. :S

Crunching for Team TPU More than 25k PPD
  8. Fourstaff

Thanks Received:
    Stick with Tier 7 and below tanks and you don't need to worry about premium :laugh:

Imo the best tanks can be found below Tier 7: AMX ELC, PzIV Derp (a bit less derpy after patch, but gold rounds still break even), KV-1S, Hetz, Hummel, T71, T29, Cromwell, StuGIV, etc. Tier 8 tanks break even most of the time too if you are reasonably good: IS3, KT, and I personally like I-Pz.

9. agent00skid

Thanks Received:
    It's not necessary for me to have premium. It just makes things goes faster. :p

10. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    I actually don't have either of those personally, so I won't really know. My equipment in the Churchill III are the Gun Laying Drive and Gun Rammer. And a Camo Net for the lulz. :laugh:

11. Fourstaff

Thanks Received:
    What have they done to my Kitten II? D;

12. agent00skid

Thanks Received:
    What's happened to it?

I have read the changelog, but that doesn't really tell everything.

13. Fourstaff

Thanks Received:
    When I am top tier I used to drive forward with little regard to people shooting me, but that is no longer possible with the lfp nerf. Have to be slightly more careful. Loses some of the agility, but gains in speed. Not too sure about hill performance yet, I have mostly driven in flattish grounds (Mountain Pass and Himmelsdorf non hill). Better depression should make it much easier to bully IS3 :D

Overall I think its a buff, but it can no longer be the biggest bully in the field.

14. Bot

Bot

Thanks Received:
    killed it a couple days ago in the M3 Lee .. for kicks :D
    shot_024.jpg

15. Bot

Bot

Thanks Received:
    there is a tank called the KItten II?

16. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    That could either be the Tiger II or the Panther II. :laugh: Probably the former though. :p

17. Fourstaff

Thanks Received:
    Yup, Tiger II. Sold it off and bought a JT and Batchat. JT is really slow (ok not as slow as T95), feels even slower than Ferdi. Batchat is, well, batchat :roll:

18. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    Oh I haven't posted it here yet. Sold some of my tanks already (including the Tiger II) and already bought the FV4202.

19. Bot

Bot

Thanks Received:
    hey, what do you guys think about crew and skills? do you guys keep your crew around and put them on the next tank and so on? how much does an extra skill set really make of a difference?

20. Fourstaff

Thanks Received:
    To me skills make the tank feel much "smoother". Driving a tank with unskilled crew feels ever so slightly sluggish (and in the case of pre 8.8 Tiger II, very frustrating). Some skills such as 6th sense or Safe Stowage are absolutely vital to certain tanks (former for invisible TDs, latter for just about every British tank after tier 8). I start training my crew and keeping them at about tier 5 onwards, bringing every Tier 6 crew up as I progress through the tier. There is absolutely no need to spend gold on buying 100% crew though, just get the 75% one and train them up.

Bot says thanks.
  21. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    Or retrain crews whenever possible. A new 75% crew is 20k per member, a 100% crew retrained to the new tank is the same price but you get at least a 90% for each. You also get to keep the skills/perks it may have (albeit the crew experience will have to get back to 100% first before skill/perk progress resumes).

Bot says thanks.
  22. johnspack

johnspack

Thanks Received:
    My clan is budding finally... got several tier 10s now. Still have a ways to go, but wondering about the best ways to get my clan into clan wars. I'm gathering I need at least 15 to show up? Still not sure how many, and min and max tier members I need to form one. The info is rather vague.....

23. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    You have to have at least 15 players, and of course all of them being tier 10s, to really have a chance. That's the ideal starting point.

Not to mention that you have to think of strategies and specific lineups as well...

Of course no one's stopping you from fielding tier 9s and/or less than 15, but it'll just be a waste of chips in landing...

24. johnspack

johnspack

Thanks Received:
    I see, that's what we thought. Yes, we have training programs in progress now, learning field tactics, working together ect. And we are trying to build a core of tier 10s. Well dam, there goes some of those games I was finally going to catch up on......

25. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    I'd recommend using Google Docs/Drive for the maps. And of course get the HD maps first...