1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

World Of Tanks

Discussion in 'Games' started by ivicagmc, Aug 12, 2011.

1. ERazer

ERazer

Thanks Received:
    gonna give this game a try tonite sounds like fun
  2. Tatty_One

Tatty_One Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    it's a slow start when you are on the lower tiers, but stick with it, the important thing is to decide what tank line/nationality you will follow, for example, maybe start with the TD line on either Russian or German and a tank line of your choice but study each tanks attirubtes in each national line first, arty is fun also, maybe start big and go for 3, a tank, TD and an Arty.
    ERazer says thanks.
  3. ERazer

ERazer

Thanks Received:
    enjoyed the game last night i know ima have late nights this weekend :D

quick question is ther bullet drop?
  4. Tatty_One

Thanks Received:
    No drop that I have found..... these are big bullets!
  5. ERazer

ERazer

Thanks Received:
    im just used to BFBC2, even tanks have bullet drop :laugh:
  6. KingPing

KingPing

Thanks Received:
    Yes but it´s too little, and once you are aiming at a target it seems to automatically adjust the range to compensate, but again it´s too little, bullet dispersion and accuracy are much bigger issues. Also, you notice bullet drop once you are firing at targets that are 400m+ away, with big guns.

edit: The bullet drop isn´t as severe as BFBC2 because WoT is a bit more realistic in this area, for example, the german 88mm L/71 gun fires a high speed projectile with a high kinetic force, even at 500m (most of the long range fights are around this distance) the drop is too little, in the real tank (Tiger 2, Ferdinand, Jagdpanther) you don´t even need to adjust the range to fire at 500m and a good gunner could fire at 1000m without adjusting the range.
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2012
  7. AltecV1

AltecV1 New Member

Thanks Received:
    any of you play on the european server
  8. Jimmy2k9

Jimmy2k9

Thanks Received:
    I got some codes that came with my logitech G9x mouse for this game a few months ago. I don't have any intentions on playing it, so I'm going to link the codes here for anyone who finds this first, to use. :)

One of the codes is a "INVITE CODE" for new accounts only, says it gives you 2000 gold.
    code:NWGGNKVR2B-654CR-9A8YE-EW768 Use this code and create a new account at worldoftanks.com

Other code is a "BONUS CODE" for existing & new accounts. Its for 1 week premium account, Matilda Tank and a garage slot "more space for your tanks!"
    code: NBNTTRMU9F-788PC-8X7SB-KG795 Login at worldoftanks.com. Click your username. Select and enter bonus code.
    AltecV1 says thanks.
  9. AltecV1

AltecV1 New Member

Thanks Received:
    may i ask how did you obtain those codes good sir ?
  10. KingPing

KingPing

Thanks Received:
    they came with his G9
    AltecV1 says thanks.
  11. ERazer

ERazer

Thanks Received:
    another question sorry still a noob

do you get new crew every time you get new tank or use the old one even with penalty

currently have
    t4: t-50
    t5: kv-1, t-34

im working on t-50-2 and SU-85 for TD :D
  12. ShogoXT

ShogoXT New Member

Thanks Received:
    You can transfer the crews from older vehicles and put them into new ones, but they have to be retrained. There is a penalty though for retraining them into vehicles of different types.

Also I suggest you abandon the T-50-2 for the time being. Tier 5 scouts are not financially viable as they cost as much as a tier 9 to maintain. As well they are meant for purely scouting and you might not understand their mechanics yet. As well now with the tight tiers the only way you see tanks out of their tier range is with scouts and arty. So if you want to play battles you have power to help in, stick to medium/heavy/TDs by tier 4, thats when "scout" matchmaking comes into effect.

Recommend to keep pushing down through T-34 and KV-1 to the KV-1S. Make sure to use HE ammo on guns that look like stubs.
    ERazer says thanks.
  13. ERazer

ERazer

Thanks Received:
    cool ty bud, got premium account so lvling is not that bad better than eve anyway lol
  14. burebista

burebista

Thanks Received:
    May I suggest you SU-26? It's a Tier 3 soviet arty. With turret. :rockout:
    Fully pimped (you know, crew 100% and secondary skills, camo, consumables and so on) it brings havoc on low tier battles.
    Is so fun that I'll never sell it.
    Some old memories below.

SU-26 sniper. :twitch:

[​IMG]

SU-26 carnage :peace:

[​IMG]
  15. [H]@RD5TUFF

Thanks Received:

The SU26 is beast of an arty for it's tier, it used to be even better then they nerfed the gun slightly, it's still one hell of an SPG!
  16. mauriek

Thanks Received:
    i got my first ever top gun in SU 26.. i love this baby, low range is the only problem, but i'm on SU 8 now and this SPG also good, i reluctant to buy SU 14 because this arty is a good money maker.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  17. Tatty_One

Thanks Received:
    I played the SU26 for the best part of a year, got about 26 top guns with it and I think my highest kill count was 12, fantastic piece of kit....... I like the Grille also, best tier 4 arty in my opinion, best gun, if yoy invest in the arty rammer for 300,000 credits your on course for a top gun every 4 or 5 games!
  18. [H]@RD5TUFF

Thanks Received:
    Yeah teirs 4-6 are decent money makers beyond that 7-10 seem to be money takers, you have to do pretty well to break even let alone make money.:cry:
  19. Tatty_One

Thanks Received:
    Agreed, I can get to tier 8 without any premium but to sustain it you need other better money making kit just to keep afloat.... otherwise it's premium.
  20. [H]@RD5TUFF

Thanks Received:
    Even with premium I still loose money about 40-50% of the time in Tier 8 and 9.
  21. KingPing

KingPing

Thanks Received:
    Up to Tier 8 i make a profit, in Tier 9 i break even or slightly loose. Rather than buy Premium acc, buy a premium tank, you earn money and train crew. It really depends on the gamestyle, i only like heavies, so using tier 4,5,6 meds to support my heavies is really boring to me, so i bought the Lowe when it was released. I might buy the ersatz panther m10 if it is good, i was planing to buy the Super Pershing but the gun is crap and the speed very low to my taste. The Jagdtiger is an expensive luxury although it's my favorite tank.
    [H]@RD5TUFF says thanks.
  22. [H]@RD5TUFF

Thanks Received:
    IMO the Pz-IV is a great money maker.
  23. KingPing

KingPing

Thanks Received:
    Is it any good now that they removed the L/70?. I bought back the Stug III, just to use a cool Stug IV mod:D, only to find out MM almost always put me against much more powerful tanks:mad:, i'm going to buy back my Jagdpanther, that was a fun tank.
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2012
  24. [H]@RD5TUFF

Thanks Received:
    Yeah MM is still derpy as hell, I was really hoping 8.0 would fix some of it, but it didn't, it almost seems to be worse now.
  25. mauriek

Thanks Received:
    I notice for few days, before 8.0 patch the MM actually work as they said, except SPG we only fight max 2 Tier above, but suddenly the MM back as usual.

btw..i would never sell my JP, not until i can find other tank i can enjoy playing, i will reach 2100 battle with my JP today.
    Crunching for Team TPU