1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

World Of Tanks

Discussion in 'Games' started by ivicagmc, Aug 12, 2011.

1. Tatty_One

Tatty_One Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I have the Type for grinding xp/credits and use the tier 5 French arty for credits.... great piece of kit, I make 15-20,000 credits most games with that without premium. I have maxed out every nationality in heavy line tanks and arty now except for russian so am grinding an IS3 to get the IS8 and am just about to get the ISU 152 and am on the Object 212 arty..... although I dislike TD's greatly!
  2. mauriek

Thanks Received:
    For now..i enjoy playing with TD, i find pleasure by sniping that annoying little ELC AMX or T50s while they are scouting, watching them got tracked and hopelessly soon to die under tons of bullet is like a micro orgasm. :D
    Crunching for Team TPU
  3. agent00skid

Thanks Received:
    Taken a try at it. So far it ain't bad. :)
    Crunching for Team TPU
  4. ERazer

ERazer

Thanks Received:
    well finally finish russian med tank line, t62a is abit disappointing tho im really enjoying the t-54, using it to grind xp i prolly get the is7
  5. agent00skid

Thanks Received:
    Haven't gotten further than a SU 26, which is mostly a sad "upgrade" from SU 18.

Sure it's nice piece of kit, but lots of new maps, and tier 5 and 6 where everything just bounces. :S

My AT-1 is my fun tank. Trying to get the crew up to good shape. :D
    Crunching for Team TPU
  6. Tatty_One

Thanks Received:
    Try the tier 2 and 3 US TD line, you get a big howitzer 105mm on the Tier 3.... it's awesome fun at that level.
  7. KingPing

KingPing

Thanks Received:
    I'm grinding the Soviet TD line, currently grinding SU100 and hating almost every match with it, i think i'm used to the accuracy of the Jagdpanther and Jagdtiger, it gets better with the SU152 i hope, i have been testing it along the ISU152 in the Common Test Server.
  8. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    Should I try getting this? :laugh:
  9. mauriek

Thanks Received:
    i dont know about you, but i almost never win against ISU152 with Jagdpanther face to face, from the side or rear only i manage to kill this Soviet TD.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  10. burebista

burebista

Thanks Received:
    With the upcoming gold-ammo for credits I've sold my IS-4 and IS-7 and rebought my good ol' trusty KV-2 with derp gun.
    Oh boy I've forgotten how fun it is (but I bet that E3 driver wasn't too happy :D).

[​IMG]

Eagerly waiting to stockpile some gold-ammo for derp. It should be fun as hell afterwards...
    [H]@RD5TUFF says thanks.
  11. [H]@RD5TUFF

Thanks Received:
    From the ISU152 on the russians are pretty dammed nice armor wise, and their guns are competitive, and they are a bit faster than the equivalent German TD's, but the over all king of TD's right now is the American turreted TD line.

It's a fun game, lots of strategy involved.
  12. Tatty_One

Thanks Received:
    The SU152 is worse and much more of a grind than the SU100 I am afraid, of course you get more HP but it's side and rear armour is just as brittle, the stock 155mm HE cannon is fun for the first 5 games until you realise that you just need a much higher rate of fire to survive, then you end up with the same 120mm that the SU100 has albeit with a much higher rate of fire, which works OK in tier 7 battles but struggles with anything higher...... of course thats just a personal opinion.
    KingPing says thanks.
  13. KingPing

KingPing

Thanks Received:

I was trying the SU152 with gold ammo (152mm derp gun) and it was quite fun to use, very good assault gun, i will carry 4 or 5 rounds of it. Not worth IMO for the 88mm L/71. For the Jagdtiger i will also carry 5 or 6 rounds only for extreme emergency situations as the silver rounds pen most of the time. The real winners with 8.1 are premium tanks, my Lowe will carry 50/50 silver & gold ammo, 294mm pen shoots without having to worry about the cost is a big plus:D. The same for the Super Pershing, with gold ammo the gun will not be that crappy anymore. Overall Derp guns will become more dangerous.
  14. KingPing

KingPing

Thanks Received:
    I was afraid of that, because IMO the 122mm is crap, no accuracy, long reload times. I was planing to use the 152mm gun, but the shells are quite expensive, and once you shoot you have to move back quickly.
  15. Tatty_One

Thanks Received:
    Agreed, the 152 is not overly accurate though and at 3. something rof it's very hard work, at least the 122 gets around a 9round per minute rof that does help.
  16. burebista

burebista

Thanks Received:
    Yup, SU-152 elite is perfect for Tier 7 battles but it suck hard in Tier 9 battles.
    But KingPing believe me all that grind will pay off when you'll have ISU with BL-10. :D

Oh yes, derping in low/middle tiers will be Fun. :rockout:
  17. amd/atifiend New Member

Thanks Received:
    i played this game hardcore for a while but got out of it...i come back from time to time to sample the new content but the last 2 patches are a huge improvement over some of the things that really pissed me off about the game.

far as grinding...when i play...just about everything since my fav tanks were td's and meds which all have tier 10 now so i have 7 t10's to grind for in tree expansion alone....messed me all up bc before all i was going towards was the maus and the e100 gun with the hopes that one day they will get buffed and not suck. lol.

gold ammo for credits will be interesting....derping in the vk2801 comes to mind.

^I didn't particularly like the ISU 152; no armor/hp to speak of. I do like the obj704 though....that will make it worth the grind.

I do love the new sound effects now; the game has evolved from 1998 technology to 2005 technology :-D

Doesn't matter though; tank on tank combat never gets old. Also I believe the devs have realized that just adding more tanks will not get the job done so it seems they are switching to content. After all there are only so many tanks they can add before there aren't anymore from the wwii era and without new tanks...the population would get stagnant pretty quick IMO.
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2012
  18. burebista

burebista

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, ISU is not a fast/nimble TD but a Gun on paper hull. And what gun (it has it's own personality though, sometimes you'll hit a fast scout far-far away but sometimes you'll miss that stationary Maus in front of you)...

And indeed with patch 0.8.0 game is vastly improved (visually with new render, audio with new sounds and gameplay with physics) over my first days in Open Beta. :)
    I must mention the new MM with +-2 Tiers spread which is a breath of fresh air in middle tiers.
    It still have his flaws (0 damage crit hits and spotting system comes first in my mind) but overall now is more enjoyable.
  19. KingPing

KingPing

Thanks Received:
    AH! BETA days, it seems so long ago. Saddest day was when the game went gold and i had to grind all over again, hope it doesn't happen again because i'll kill my self:laugh:.

Big improvement 8.0 was, that and the gold tank i killed really helped the SU85-100 grinding being more bearable:D
  20. Tatty_One

Thanks Received:
    Sadly the MM improvements don't really benefit arty though, I still find myself on occasions as the lone arty on my team with a Hummell against a team with 4 or 5 tier 9 tanks :mad:
  21. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    Currently updating the client. 15MB done, 3607MB left! :laugh:

If I cancel this, do I have to start again from 0 or does it resume from where I left it?
  22. [H]@RD5TUFF

Thanks Received:
    I would loose my shit if I missed a maus right in front of me. . ..
  23. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    OK it doesn't reset to 0, but I cancelled it at 100MB and it resumes at 96MB. Where did the 4MB go? :laugh:
  24. burebista

burebista

Thanks Received:
    Sure man, arty/scouts/lights are still doomed but for meds/heavy new MM is friendly.
    Hummel you say? Is a nice piece of arty. Try Priest if you're a masochist or something. :D

[H]@RD5TUFF it was a figure of speech. Sometimes you'll have a pinpoint accuracy sometimes your shell flies anywhere but where you aim. Take a look when you have some spare time.
    But nevertheless BL-10 was the most feared gun in the game until the newcomers T10 TD's arrived...
  25. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    They should include more tanks. Type 89, Type 95, Type 5, Matilda II, Churchill, Cromwell, Crusader, Light Tank Mk. VI, TOG II, 35(t), 38(t), P26/40, M13/40, FT-17, R35, R40, Char B1...
    [H]@RD5TUFF says thanks.