• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King is Now Officially Here

System Name Norfree
Processor i5 3570k @4.4
Motherboard Gigabyte UD5H
Cooling 212 Evo
Memory 4x4GB Kingston 1600 @ 1833 9cl
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro Fury
Storage Corsair SSD, WD Black
Display(s) 1080p TV
Case Corsair 300-R
Audio Device(s) Auzentech Prelude > Fidelio X2s and AD-700s
Power Supply PCP&C Silent 950w
Software Win 10 Pro 64
Because they don't play it for the gameplay. I imagine there's a select amount of people out there, that like the 'style' it has, in regards to a MMORPG, but the primary reason people are into WoW, is the social aspect, which is true for nearly any modern MMO, it's just that under this premise, WoW attracts them even more.

It's no longer about being able to interact within a fantasy, and do battle with guts/glory and etc.

It's just a regurgitated bi-product of 'social acceptance' and the internet.

The majority of WoW type players, (and I say this without trying to sound like I'm being a bully or using a lame internet diss), literally, have NO life. And not because they aren't employed with a high paying job, or because they don't have a PhD in physics, or etc.; but rather that they molded their life and lifestyle around the virtual social world, as it's more 'understanding' and 'forgiving' towards them than the real world(you can see the same thing on internet forums and all kinds of similar internet related places, where people act as if they have 'friends' and 'followers' etc. because they enjoy the non-discriminating adoration and adulation).

As per the explination above, WoW would be the culprit in far more cases than something like CSS. Though you are right, essentially any addiction is bad.

It's a very sad state of affairs. It's a shame I don't run a country, I'd ban the fu**ing game.

good job with stereotypes... I have one of my own for you:

System Name Widow
Processor Ryzen 7600x
Motherboard AsRock B650 HDVM.2
Cooling CPU : Corsair Hydro XC7 }{ GPU: EK FC 1080 via Magicool 360 III PRO > Photon 170 (D5)
Memory 32GB Gskill Flare X5
Video Card(s) GTX 1080 TI
Storage Samsung 9series NVM 2TB and Rust
Display(s) Predator X34P/Tempest X270OC @ 120hz / LG W3000h
Case Fractal Define S [Antec Skeleton hanging in hall of fame]
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar Xense with AKG K612 cans on Monacor SA-100
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Razer Naga 2014
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores FFXIV ARR Benchmark 12,883 on i7 2600k 15,098 on AM5 7600x
Lol! I just saw this.

You don't agree, fine, but a swastika? The thread is still open AND the image is still there.

Woooow.