1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

World Of Warcraft

Discussion in 'Games' started by waspman3, Apr 29, 2008.

1. waspman3

waspman3 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Since Ive bought this game at BEST BUY there shouldnt be any additional online fees that apply should there?We've been playing the game for roughly 2 months now and so far so good.Your replies are greatly appreciated.Thanks all!! WASP
  2. spearman914

spearman914 New Member

Thanks Received:
    There shouldn't be any fees except if your gonna play trial for fun.lol.
  3. ShogoXT

ShogoXT New Member

Thanks Received:
    Its $15 a month depending on what type of length subscription. You probably got the first or second month free as some sort of either box deal or a friend giving you some sort of code. It can be like $14 a month if you do the 3 month deal, or $13 of you do the 6 month deal.

Basically YES you will be charged monthly or you will need game cards.
  4. paybackdaman

paybackdaman New Member

Thanks Received:
    or you could make your own server and play on there for free....all be it you would be playing by yourself....:laugh:
  5. deathbyburk New Member

Thanks Received:
    welcome to MMORPGs stop playing now before it is to late. Im 4 years in and still play all the time:/
  6. spearman914

spearman914 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Ya MMORPGs are quite addictive when you play too much. Whenever I go to school people scream "YOU FREAKIN DICKHEAD. YOU DON'T HAVE A SOCIAL LIFE YOU FREAKIN DAM NERD!!!!!!!!"
  7. a111087

a111087

Thanks Received:
    what does makes people recognize what you do in your spare time? do you have WOW shirt or what? :wtf:

I played wow for 1.5 years and its a good time killer, perhaps too good :laugh: My advice, if you know what you want or like to do, study your thing, don't waist your time while you have it. If you don't know what it is, find it, explore, ask people around you. It might not seem important now, but late it will pay off better than you would ever imagine.
  8. spearman914

spearman914 New Member

Thanks Received:
    No I get absents and lates oftenly cuz sometimes I dreamed about having a 99999998000 GX2 with 79.422 GB VRAM and 45.211-bit memory interface and going to pwn some ass in games. Then I wake up and play CoD4, CoH , Crysis, WOW etc........ until almost to 12.
  9. newconroer

newconroer

Thanks Received:

When Parents Fail : Volume XII

So what you're saying is, you bought the game, you've been on a free promo run at the moment, and you want to know if you have to pay to keep playing...as previously mentioned yes.

I am definatley curious how kids at school know you play. You can easily turn it around on them. If you're a nerd for playing, what are they for even knowing what WoW is?

:)
  10. Azazel

Azazel New Member

Thanks Received:
    you been playing two month and you didn't know that you where paying :p
  11. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    There are non payable servers. They are probably the best ones to go through really. If you want, Bumbrush plays wow like there is no tomorrow and he plays a lot of non payable servers.. I can't remember the site off the top of my head, and being at work I can't go through anything that we've talked about via MSN... But get a hold of him and He can teach you the in and outs of free servers.
  12. Azazel

Azazel New Member

Thanks Received:
    free servers suck though. you get t6 gear in a few seconds. supposed to take hundreds of hours.
  13. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, you can level up and do all that sort of things in meer mins, but its a free server... Trust me, A lot of people that have played the game for millions of hours do free servers and non free in order to get stuff and just sell it off... Plus with Free based Servers there is more in store to things you can do that you wheren't able to do in the non free server... I had more fun with the free server then I did paying every 3 months the change I did..
  14. Azazel

Azazel New Member

Thanks Received:
    i dont think you can take in items from free servers to the official servers. :p

meh im over WoW now...they banned me for sending gold to my second account :)

its all about AOC now
  15. a111087

a111087

Thanks Received:
    ehhh... I didn't know they banned for this, why would they do that? :confused:
  16. Azazel

Azazel New Member

Thanks Received:
    they though i had bough gold and that it was being sent to me. idiots didn't even see that both account are owned by me. and they did not reply to any of my complaints.
  17. a111087

a111087

Thanks Received:
    when i got banned, they replied to my complaint, but with nothing good to read :laugh:
    anyway... how would they even know that you bought gold? its like everyone is a suspect now...
  18. Azazel

Azazel New Member

Thanks Received:
    they track peoples ingame mail. so they saw that i sent myself a couple thousand gold and went crazy :p

meh there loss anyway
  19. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    I don't know if it can be done ether with the selling from the free to the offical servers... I don't see why not!? Same Dang GAME.. lol.. I got over it in less then 3 months...
  20. Azazel

Azazel New Member

Thanks Received:
    :p i played it for two years. i had 2 bits of t2 armor and the rest where purple :)

meh...im so excited for AOC
  21. thoughtdisorder

thoughtdisorder New Member

Thanks Received:
    You guys are lucky, we didn't have WoW when I was growing up. :( I had to cut holes in my pockets to have something to play with. :laugh:
  22. Snipe343

Snipe343

Thanks Received:
    http://www.burning-wow.com/ i donno i havnt read the current rules lately but this is robably ok, umm thats the best one, and azazel two realms have the most blizzlike server ive played on
  23. thoughtdisorder

thoughtdisorder New Member

Thanks Received:
    Regarding the subscription, you do get a break if you go on a 6 month or yearly subscription. I haven't played it, but my son does and OF COURSE it's on my credit card!:twitch:
  24. Azazel

Azazel New Member

Thanks Received:
    i don really want to get back into the game. the money is not as issue. bliz i just being stupid
  25. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    Well hopefully pretty soon he will be told to put it on his! lmao! :laugh:

I believe I was level 26 troll elf hunter.. woot! But, I rather go AOC or Guild wars.. I believe those are funner!