1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

worm help needed!!

Discussion in 'General Software' started by fuiop2000, May 26, 2006.

1. fuiop2000 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well I got a worm of some kind because im a fool, i tried to download a patch off limewire and it had a worm. I did a system restore and I thought it was gone, but now its back and before I turned off my pc yesterday there were a whole bunch of tmps covering my desktop screen, for ex. W2343.tmp and there were like a bazillion of them.

does anyone give me a diagnosis on my worm situation and how I could fix it without reformatting?

2. Solaris17

Solaris17 Creator Solaris Utility DVD

Thanks Received:
    if you have ad-aware se and what not and an anti virus thats awsome boot into safe mode and run them alllllll then run a scan on all your harddrives for the name of the worm.

3. drade

drade

Thanks Received:
    Yep.. Thats what my friend had to do.

I reccomend kind of not downloading stuff without scanning the download.... I can see you dont have virus protection?

4. fuiop2000 New Member

Thanks Received:
    even if i find out the name of the worm how would that make it easier to get rid of?

i thought worms imbed themselves in system32 folder files and create a bunch of things in the registry

btw this worm has also hijacked my ctrl+alt+del

5. drade

drade

Thanks Received:
    First of all youd report that worm, and the company would get onto fixing it so it wouldnt realyl affect anyone... When you scan they usaully get the whole data of what you were scanning well my provider does..