1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Worst game you've finished or almost finished

Discussion in 'Games' started by HossHuge, Jul 27, 2010.

1. HossHuge

HossHuge

Thanks Received:
    I took my computer with me on a two week holiday that just finished on Monday. Before I left I picked Tomb Raider Underworld. As my two sons were with me I didn't want anything bloody and I wanted it to work with a 360 controller cause I wouldn't have a desk in the hotel.

What a mistake.

1. as you jump around from place to place the camera angles change on you so you end up jumping all over the place and dying a lot.
    2. at some other angles you can't even see were you need to jump.
    3. at one point in the game I couldn't figure something out but that was ok, cause the next time I started the game it just moved me to the next save.
    4. you can't skip the cut screens. So if you die just after a cut screen you need to start before that part again and watch it a 1000 times.
    5. and to top it all off at the last level of the game I jumped to a place and died. I had to jump there because poison water was filling the room so when the game started again I started in the poison and died right away. Since the game only has 1 game save that was the end for me. 10 hours gone to waste.

Anyone else have an experience like this? Cause if you did, please let me know. It would make me feel better. I want to kill someone right now!!!!

2. Rakesh95 New Member

Thanks Received:
    That drives my UP THE WALL!!!!

3. slyfox2151

slyfox2151

Thanks Received:

Last edited: Jul 27, 2010
  4. Rakesh95 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well done :):laugh:

5. Gravediggaz New Member

Thanks Received:
    angry birds...almost

6. Perseid New Member

Thanks Received:
    I played Tomb Raider Underworld on the 360 and it wasn't horrible. It WAS buggy as all hell, though. A couple times I fell "through" the floor and the world turned "inside out" where I could walk through things I shouldn't. Had to reset. There was also an invisible platform in one section that I figured out was always there so I actually used it to cheat my way through the area. LOL

Worst game I passed was Terminator Salvation, also on the 360. It wasn't the worst experience I'd ever had, but as soon as I got into it, about 3-5 hours in, it ENDED. How could they sell a $60 game that was less than 5 hours long? It also didn't have any MP if I recall.

7. Soylent Joe

Soylent Joe New Member

Thanks Received:
    I've never even came close to finishing a bad game, I only put effort into completing games that I like and that I think are good :rolleyes:

CDdude55 says thanks.
  8. HossHuge

HossHuge

Thanks Received:
    I agree and usually I would not not have played this either but it was the only game I had loaded on my computer and to me any game is better than watching TV.

9. Rakesh95 New Member

Thanks Received:
    That said, I can tell a crap game within 20 minutes of playing and therefore will stop.

10. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept "I go fast!1!11!1!"

Thanks Received:
    Restricted Area. It basically had no plot and the gameplay was dull and repetitive.

I would have said Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing but, seeing as you can't beat it, it doesn't qualify. XD

Crunching for Team TPU
  11. KainXS

KainXS

Thanks Received:
    I never beat a crappy game, If I bought it and see its crap I take it back the same day, get mah moneh back, if I can't, I break it, or use it as a coaster, . . . . . .:)

12. EviLZeD

EviLZeD New Member

Thanks Received:
    I played a game called hellforces its so bad its amusing so I ended up finishing it with cheats of course its insanely difficult even on normal

13. WhiteLotus

WhiteLotus

Thanks Received:
    For me, Far Cry 2 and Just Cause 2 are both awful.

14. phanbuey

phanbuey

Thanks Received:
    farcry 2 is brutally bad.

15. Rakesh95 New Member

Thanks Received:
    You know, Crysis wasnt too flash either?? This may get me banned from tpu for ever:laugh:

16. EviLZeD

EviLZeD New Member

Thanks Received:
    Oh yea I didn't bother completing farcry 2 either it was terrible IMO.

17. HossHuge

HossHuge

Thanks Received:
    I started and stopped FC2 and Fallout 3 about three times each and each time I didn't get more then 30 mins into each. I kept trying but just couldn't get into them at all.

18. NdMk2o1o

NdMk2o1o

Thanks Received:
    I once actually beat the shit out of my case, it was one of the 1st I built and I think it was partly due to alcohol consumption at the same time as my computer just being a dick and not working right at all (possibly due to inexperience) the thing had a top window and a side window and cathodes etc, at least it did before I went all hulk on its ass, needless to say I would never do that to any of my computers nowadays as they are like my pride and joy, my hobbies :toast:

19. freaksavior

freaksavior To infinity ... and beyond!

Thanks Received:
    worst game I played through was prototype. Game was stupid but beat it anyway.

20. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    Two Worlds was so bad, my mate purchased it and we played it in my xbox 360 for about 30mins then promptly he returned it straight after. Wanted to smash my 360 when i couldnt wall jump in Assassins Creed 2 and you 'need' to do it in a Tomb, i completed it wasnt to bad mind you.

Ive played Toughman Contest on Sega 32x (addon for genesis/megadrive), JESUS CHRIST what a terrible game. Completed HARD (MOTHAFUCKIN) DRIVIN... TERRIBLE game.

Usually if its shit i just say "aw naw" and turn it off.

21. Lionheart

Lionheart

Thanks Received:
    Hmmm for me, the most annoying part in a game would have to be Resident Evil 4 on professional mode when you have that knife fight with Krauser and you have start dodging his attacks, frustrating to the max:mad:

22. Soylent Joe

Soylent Joe New Member

Thanks Received:
    I guess the worst I've finished was Crysis Warhead. The story in both games wasn't original or very interesting. The games were only fun due to using massive cheats. I had no idea what I was doing half of the time, just flying around using noclip shooting missiles in every direction :D

23. lemode

Thanks Received:
    First and only game I ever finished that I deemed bad was the first True Crime. I beat it in about 3 hours (not completing every single nuance no) then promptly took it back and got a full refund from Gamestop. Lawl.

I am not like my friend who is an Xbox Live achievement whore and plays the worst glitchy games that have ever come out on the market just to get the full 1000 points (or lack there of because the games are broken).

EDIT** Path of Neo...I enjoyed the mayhem that would ensure but it was a bad game that I completed. But like Star Wars games, anything about the Matrix I have to play.

24. Hybrid_theory

Hybrid_theory

Thanks Received:
    Lord of the rings The Third Age. This was a fun game for the most part. Final fantasy style that followed the lotr movies with new characters. the new characters werent all that interesting but u did get the real heroes in fights from time to time.

What pissed me off was in the helms deep battle. You would get to this save, then run down some steps and the next fight would not initiate, it would be glitched. started the game over for it to happen again. So never played it again.

25. kurosagi01

kurosagi01

Thanks Received:
    When i first started playing Dead or Alive 4 on the 360,against the final opponent the Katsumi clone green lady,my god spent half hour trying beat her each time i get to the final stage and i finally scored a perfect on her.
    I do have more but i can't remember them on top of my head.