1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Worth upgrading from P45 - X48

Discussion in 'Motherboards & Memory' started by random, Nov 2, 2008.

1. random

random

Thanks Received:
    Hey guys,

Say you just had enough money for a X48. Would you upgrade from P45 to X48 for a 10 - 15% performance gain in crossfire for the price of AUD$250++? Or save the money and go for better ram, case or something.

2. [I.R.A]_FBi

[I.R.A]_FBi

Thanks Received:
    waste og money, oly if u are a bench whore

3. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    It's not very likely you will see a 10-15% gain. From what I've seen it's closer to 0-5%.

4. ascstinger

ascstinger New Member

Thanks Received:
    depends what you're upgrading to/from, and what you want to do with it. I upgraded from the same board to a dfi lt x48-t2r board, and ended up with some small increases in bandwidth, however it was also able to drop the voltages required in doing so. It all depends on what board you want to buy, and what you want to achieve with it. IMO, dropping 200+ for a board just to get a little extra bandwidth isnt worth it, the same gains could be seen with better ram and a faster drive setup (unless that 300gb is a raptor). although not always in fps, there would be quicker load times