1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Would Any Power Supply Work With This Case?

Discussion in 'Cases, Modding & Electronics' started by JdPower, Oct 16, 2006.

1. JdPower New Member

Thanks Received:
    I am looking in getting a new case pretty soon. Mine is just too heavy and out dated! It cools ok but I just need something much better :) I plan on upgrading to conroe but not at this moment. Waiting a little bit longer! However I want to get a new case and a new PS.

I really would like to get the Antec Nine Hundred case shown below
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811129021&ATT=11-129-021&CMP=OTC-17exta6

However, I am unsure of the power supply I need to get, or what would fit for that matter? Will the case fit any brand of PS? Or since I am getting Antec I need to get an Antec PS? Also in the future I would like to run crossfire when I upgrade my computer so should I just wait on the NEW ps and try and hope that my current PS will fit or balls out and get a new one? Thanks in advance guys!

Jd
  2. DR.Death

DR.Death New Member

Thanks Received:
    i would get a new one eather a antech or ocz i know there are more good psus out ther but i dont know them . u should at least get a 500 or 600 w psu
  3. Batou1986

Batou1986

Thanks Received:
    i just built a conroe system with this power supply http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16817194003

and i can vouch for sure this thing is rock solid and very nicely made even has a built in temp sensor and fan speed monitor that hooks to the 3pin connectors on the mobo most premium mobos seem to have a psu fan connection now just so u can adjust the speed and make sure everythings working ok

btw it has 2 22amp 12v rails for pci-e
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2006
  4. wtf8269

wtf8269 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Damn that's a really sweet case. I've been looking for a case that has a 100% ventilated front, that's just about what I've been looking for. Problem is I'm also still in love with my Lian Li. The above mentioned power supply should work great. Pretty much any PSU in the $100+ is going to be a well built one with good 12v rails. Good luck on your new build though! Be sure to post pics!
  5. JdPower New Member

Thanks Received:
    Sounds good! But will that feed enough voltage for a later crossfire road? 500W seems kinda low?

Jd
  6. ktr

ktr

Thanks Received:
    i really like antec neoHE psu also pc power and cooling psu.
  7. bruins004 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hey JdPower,

I could prob. help.
    The Wattage of a PSU is not the important thing about a PSU.
    The thing that matters these days is the Amperage (A) on the 12v line.
    The 12v line is what powers pretty much everything in your computer.
    As long as it is above 32A on the 12V line these days, you could pretty much power up almost any rig.
    However, your current rig doesnt need anywhere near that amount of power.
    Most of the power drawn is from the PSU these days and the X800GTO def. doesnt use too much power.

Just as an FYI...It seems like the new DX10 cards coming out are going to use a lot of power, so I would def. try to stick with at least a 500W PSU.

The Gamestream is a really good buy these days, plus it is modular so it will save you a lot of wire management hassles. If you need anymore help please let me know.
  8. JdPower New Member

Thanks Received:
    Alright well I found some that I think would work, I wanted to get your guys approval as well! :)

Good power/Looks kinda pricey
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817121012

AND

Good Power/Looks not so pricey
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817121001

AND

Never heard of this Company before but the reviews are good Good Power/Looks reasoanble price
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817128001

I don't know if the makers are good but they all have good reviews so...

Jd
  9. ktr

ktr

Thanks Received:
    you are going in the right direction in terms of psu. good you have chosen modular cableing. the antec 900 is very difficult cable manager...and you want to do a clean job cuz of the clear side.
  10. JdPower New Member

Thanks Received:
    Exactly... :rockout:
  11. strick94u

strick94u New Member

Thanks Received:
    Mines a winner heck 4 hard drive a cd a dvd burner and a single video card but dont think it will do sli though it says it can but its has a 12v 22 amp pci-e video connector on each rail sooooo....... might try it