1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Would you be impressed with my results?

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by Dan2312, Apr 11, 2007.

1. rhythmeister

Thanks Received:
    Check the Zalman's attached correctly dude, that 70 Deg' core temp is very high for such a good cooler. Try cleaning the bottom of the cooler with a slightly abrasive paint restorer/ rubbing compound then cleaning it with sum alcohol. I'd also make sure u use AS5 as TIM and secure the cooler pretty snug in a 1, 3, 2, 4 pattern for the 4 bolts. If you can, get rid of the Pro card and get the xt variant, it's not just a clock increase...it's a better core and well worth a few quid more!

10 Year Member at TPU
  2. Dan2312

Thanks Received:
    Ive not had the x1600 for long, the place i got it from, which sells all parts mega cheap here in the uk did not have the X1950 Xt in stock, infact i don't think it was out for AGP at the time...

3. rhythmeister

Thanks Received:
    Where do we get mega cheap parts in the UK?! I meant to say get the X1650XT, stay away from the X1600's!

10 Year Member at TPU
  4. Jawbreaker

Jawbreaker New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm Pretty impressed you got those clocks and temps out of that card so easily...Killer job. I'm in the process of trying the same exact thing on a X1950XT... And I'm pretty sure your card and Mine can take the same Temp range...If thats true, you have plenty of room to play..I've ran mine up over 110C and ran stable...Although I almost pissed myself..
    Please post a few Pics..I'd like to get Ideas for my system..I'll throw a few back if you want..At least as soon as my fans and New PSU get here..

5. Dan2312

Thanks Received:
    www.scan.co.uk

haven't found anyone to be cheaper yet!

i don't know what thier delivery charges are like, because i actually go there, its only 10mins drive away from mine.

6. Dan2312

Thanks Received:
    Here's a pic matey,

[​IMG]

My Computer locked when i tried to crank it past 634MHz, so im caught in two minds whether to push it any harder... i might need more voltage, but im unsure how to get ATi tool to adjust this.

So my next move for the time being is to see whether if i can up my CPU speeds a bit, if i can then im going to get an aftermarket CPU fan n see how it goes...

7. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    Don't overclock your cpu a single Mhz until you clean the computer completely out. I can see from the pic that your cpu heatsink is clogged with dust. That will cause serious cpu overheating problems, even without overclocking.

8. Jawbreaker

Jawbreaker New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well, He has a point. Although, The only thing its gonna effect is Temp, And in the end lessen you OC ability. It can cut down component life...But you probably will get a little more out of it after you clean it out.

I foget what Mobo you running but your Voltage changes should be made in the BIOS.. But for the love of God, read up on you Mobo and equipment before you start changing Voltage...I'm at that point with my rig and OCing..I've had my CPU @ 3.2 Ghz with stock cooling and my VPU 690/970. It was just starting to artifact a touch....

9. petepete New Member

Thanks Received:
    1900 xt overclocked idles 34'C load 40's :)

10 Year Member at TPU