1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

WOW THAT WAS CLOSE very CLOSE(testing-ram- then-bigtime-corruption)

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by DRDNA, Aug 10, 2007.

1. DRDNA

DRDNA

Thanks Received:
    SO I was doing some test with three sticks of ram and all was good(not nearly as fast as two sticks) ..games running good , benching stable when all of a sudden a slew of errors (corruption errors)So I rebooted taking the third stick out and I get the doggone hall.dll or dot something is missing from windows root system32 ......errr:eek:....So I tried a couple more times and same thing...then i messed with the windows install CD (knowing that would be useless) and no luck so I hooked up my other 160GB hard drive with my other copy of XP PRO and config bios to boot from that IDE instead of my array which I knew would invoke check disk and repair and it did!:)but it literally fixed 100's and 100's of files, so in as much as i have done this little trick in the past I was starting to have my doubts as there were so so many repairs in all stages of the process:eek:but then after that I disconnected my IDE and configed bios to boot to my array (that was corrupted) the thing is running flawless again:toast::toast::toast: I can remember just installing XP(not even activated) on a hard drive in the past just to do this and unless the hard drive is truly defective i have always had success;)

2. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Yeah i've had that happen so many times... for ages, i had a 10GB drive taken from an XP with a modded XP install, that i'd throw into a PC whenever i did stability testing.

Oh and you mis-spelled business in your sig :p "VISTA BUISNESS 32"

3. DRDNA

DRDNA

Thanks Received:
    good catch so much for whole word reading.