1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

WoW: Wrath of the Lich King in Stores November 13

Discussion in 'News' started by malware, Sep 16, 2008.

1. malware New Member

Thanks Received:
    And now some good news for over 10 million World of WarCraft online players. Blizzard Entertainment announced today that World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King, the second expansion for its award-winning subscription-based massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG), will arrive in stores on November 13th in North America, Europe, Mexico, Argentina, Chile, and Russia, and November 14th in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Malaysia, and Thailand. The expansion will be available in Korea and the regions of Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Macau on November 18th. The new expansion pack takes all World of Warcraft players to the cold, forbidding continent of Northrend, where the fearsome Lich King Arthas Menethil, last seen in Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne, works from his secluded citadel to bring all of Azeroth under his twisted dominion. Players will battle the Lich King's undead army from the shores of Howling Fjord and Borean Tundra to the seat of his unholy power in Icecrown Glacier. In addition, players will be able to advance characters to level 80 and gain powerful new abilities while exploring several new zones and dungeons. The expansion also introduces a number of exciting new features, including an achievement system, expanded player-vs.-player combat options such as siege weapons and destructible buildings, and the game's first Hero class - the necromantic death knight. Available for Mac and Windows players, the expansion pack will come in two packages — a standard edition that costs $39.99, and a Collector's Edition priced at $69.99. The Collector's Edition includes an art book, an exclusive in-game pet, a behind-the-scenes DVD, a soundtrack CD, a mousepad featuring a map of Northrend and two starter decks for the World of Warcraft trading card game March of the Legion. Retailers in North America are currently taking pre-orders for the game, reserve your copy now online here.

[​IMG]

Source: Blizzard
  2. zOaib New Member

Thanks Received:
    more crack yay ..........
  3. mdm-adph

mdm-adph New Member

Thanks Received:
    Since the Burning Crusade expansion was a colossal "meh," I think a lot of people might wait to buy this for a while. Some of the neatest things are going to be released in the free 3.0 patch, if you ask me. :p
  4. chron New Member

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]
  5. mdm-adph

mdm-adph New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'll see your pic, and raise you a:

[​IMG]
  6. TUngsten

TUngsten New Member

Thanks Received:
    13 year olds of the world rejoice!
  7. candle_86 New Member

Thanks Received:
    yes but not the lvl 80 cap, that means all the lvl 70's in the BG's will get butt kicked by lvl 79's wearing greens, even though the 70's are wearing all purples
  8. mdm-adph

mdm-adph New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, if you're a hardcore player -- if you're like me and play the game casually a few hours a week with friends, it won't really affect you much.
  9. CrAsHnBuRnXp

CrAsHnBuRnXp

Thanks Received:
    These game developers are releasing games at a bad time. They need to span out more. Example: CoD5 will be released November 11, Gears of War 2 will be Nov. 12, and now WoW: WLK will be on the 13. WTF!? Seriously.

Edit: Seems they changed the dates on me AGAIN! Nevertheless its still too close

GoW2: http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=69459 (Nov. 7)

CoD5: http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=71812 (Nov. 11)

WoW WLK: http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=72700 (Nov. 13)

FWIW, Ive been playing WoW for a little over a month now and though I like the game, I still dont see how its like crack.
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2008
  10. zOaib New Member

Thanks Received:
    I ONLY Said it like that because it is known by the name virtual crack online in the community , i play it too , and have a normal healthy life with wife , but i have had some ppl i know who took it to those extremes. :D
  11. CrAsHnBuRnXp

CrAsHnBuRnXp

Thanks Received:
    I hear ya. :)

I was just sharing my experience with the game. My friends like to call me an addict because i have played over 200hrs of WoW now but im not addicted to it. I can stop anytime I want. I just dont want to...

Ever. :p
  12. Ser-J

Ser-J New Member

Thanks Received:
    ......................sign of addiction
  13. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    It's because of the Christmas season. This is actually quite normal.
  14. CrAsHnBuRnXp

CrAsHnBuRnXp

Thanks Received:
    Was a joke. :banghead:
  15. wotlk New Member

Thanks Received:
    I will be in line tonight!
  16. tigger

tigger I'm the only one

Thanks Received:
    Hey were did you get a pic of my mates playing? :laugh: