1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

wtf would you call this?

Discussion in 'Motherboards & Memory' started by Ketxxx, May 18, 2007.

1. Ketxxx

Ketxxx Heedless Psychic

Thanks Received:
    Check the pic. Examining my AW9D MAX closely I found that sitting at the base of my BIOS socket.. just sitting there.. loosely jiggin around all over the place. Upon taking it out and trying the BIOS chip again, the board booted first time to the bootblock. I thinks its what was responsible for shorting my ROM chip, but what do you guys make of it?

Attached Files:

• wtf.jpg
      wtf.jpg
      File size:
      118.1 KB
      Views:
  2. ktr

ktr

Thanks Received:
    its ati's r700 prototype ;)
  3. Sasqui

Sasqui

Thanks Received:
    ^LOL. looks like CHAD "cardhole aggregate debris".

OK - looks more like pathetic quality control - don't they test the board before they box it???
  4. mandelore

mandelore New Member

Thanks Received:
    UK-small Village in a Valley Near Newcastle
    Oh noes!!! its a spy bug, used to monitor all your pc usage! :eek:
  5. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Chad left it there.
  6. Ketxxx

Ketxxx Heedless Psychic

Thanks Received:
    Whatever it is its not going anywhere near my mobo again. All I can do now is pray to god my ROM chip I sent to abit finds its way back to me by Tuesday so I can build my puter and get the info I need off my HDD for my uni interview which I have Wednesday @ 10:30am. Its all a close call to say the least, something it neednt of been if ebuyers customer care service was even half decent. Uknow, despite abit specifically asking who and when I bought the mobo from before suggesting ebuyer could advance RMA and even having trading standards concur given all hassles they SHOULD do an advanced RMA and telling all that to some ebuyer customer care twot, they still wouldnt. Saying "we only do advanced RMA in the even a customer has recieved the wrong goods entirely."

I even argued the very point there was no difference from a normal RMA as they had already offered to pick my mobo up, so wtf was their problem in sending a replacement out at the same time? :mad:
  7. Ketxxx

Ketxxx Heedless Psychic

Thanks Received:
    Thats a good question.. even the most pathetic of quality control have somebody sitting at an open testbench plugging each mobo up to verify it can at least make it to the POST screen.
  8. Frogger

Frogger

Thanks Received:
    :twitch: "But It's 5 min to Quit'n Time ...WTF...F it nobody will notice...."
    ===:nutkick: Ket