1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

X-Fi Going Mobile

Discussion in 'News' started by Jimmy 2004, Mar 23, 2007.

1. Jimmy 2004

Jimmy 2004 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Creative’s X-Fi series of sound cards, despite their flaws and criticisms, are among the best available to normal consumers. Creative is now making a new version of the card for laptops, which will utilise the Express Card interface (the updated PCMCIA). This card offer great sound for anyone using a laptop, and is set to replace Creative’s Audigy 2 ZS, although there are no real specs for it yet, just a few pictures.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Source: NotebookReview
  2. WarEagleAU

WarEagleAU Bird of Prey

Thanks Received:
    I dont think they are as flawed as everyone believes. I think it is their best sounding card yet. Ive listened to the Auzentech and Razar, and I can say, music wise, the Xfi whens. However, the Oxygen HD chip the other two uses, sounds superb for movies, better than Xfi.
  3. devguy

devguy

Thanks Received:
    But look at the picture... It is the Xtreme Audio version. That isn't even a real X-Fi card.
  4. SK-1

SK-1

Thanks Received:
    Amen,..I sometimes think some of these critics have actually been FIRED from creative:laugh:
    I mean really,...there seems to be unreasonable hate and scorn posted for Creative in this forum by some.
    For 12 years I have used their products with no problem.I mean,.....no problems:eek: In many configurations.I have also used a few products from Turtle Beach,...no beef with them either.Am I just lucky with sound cards?
    But right now,...I must say my $109 Fatality X-Fi W/bay controller fry's deal is without a doubt the best I have owned.I paid more for my Audigy2 XS!
  5. ktr

ktr

Thanks Received:
    Thanks to me no doubt :toast:
  6. SK-1

SK-1

Thanks Received:
    KUDOS KTR KUDOS,...U da man:cool:
  7. Trase New Member

Thanks Received:
    You arent going to be able to notice the difference between an X-Fi Elite Pro and an old onboard sound chip with the speakers that u got on a laptop..
  8. D3aDl0cK New Member

Thanks Received:
    so why do u think the dongle is included and the card has headphones out?
    surely not to use ur laptop speakers^^ i wonder if they could be used anyway, as they (creative) will know that this wouldnt make sense, too.