1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

X-Fi Support Syndicate & Owner's Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by imperialreign, Sep 25, 2007.

1. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    Some how i dont think that GTX there is just there to look pretty.......
    Last edited: May 24, 2009
  2. grunt_408

grunt_408

Thanks Received:
    If I didnt notice that I would not have asked him the question :wtf:
    I have some goodies in my case too but I spend more time on tpu than i do gaming lol
    Last edited: May 24, 2009
  3. pabloc74

pabloc74 New Member

Thanks Received:
    games 100%!!!:):):)
  4. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    that said - he could just be one of those people who would morgage his house for a pc with enough power to fold 50 F@H units in the blink of an eye & bench it a few times, then do something insanely pedestrian with it & use it to only check email.

P.S

Im not delibrately taking a stab at those kind of people, I just dont understand their way of thinking.
  5. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    I'm one of those people. I don't game much, really.

It's like owning a really high horsepower/very fast car. You aren't going to be driving it flat-out everywhere you go, but it's there when you want or need it.
    grunt_408 says thanks.
  6. ShiBDiB

ShiBDiB

Thanks Received:
    just put the card listed in my specs in about a month ago. nice upgrade over onboard
  7. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    Depends where you live - There are such places in the world where there are no speed limits on the roads so owning a stupidly fast car there might actually seem normal. the power might be there when you want it - but seriously, how long is it before you either sell/giveaway/demote it to backup machine before you actually able to use even 80% of its potential?? Because if you got money, your gonna hop on the next big thing that comes up no mattar what & it just goes to waste.

but obviously if you have a ton of money then you wont have to worry about 2moro,
  8. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    I don't really have a ton of money either. I just save up for these things. I'd already have a 965XE i7 if I was rich. It's not about money, or practicality. It's about the pure desire of owning it. I like having a fast machine, even if it goes under utilized 95% of the time, it's there for the 5% I need the speed.

I used to be the same with my cars as well, but I found the computer to be a little more manageable from a money perspective. If I made enough money, I'd have a 1000+HP daily driver for a car as well. Again, practicality be damned, it's a passion for speed and or power.
  9. imperialreign

imperialreign New Member

Thanks Received:
    Creative have recently released a new WIN 7 beta driver for the Xtreme Audio PCIseries, version 1.04.0090

Release Notes:

10. imperialreign

imperialreign New Member

Thanks Received:

I agree, I'm about the same in both aspects - the full extent of my rig's power is rarely used . . . but, when I need it, it's nice to have that processing power there for any aspect - be it CPU intensive, GPU intensive, APU intensive, etc.

Same goes for my cars . . . although, I must say as well that if I did have something more powerful, I'd probably be in trouble a lot more than I already am :p
  11. grunt_408

grunt_408

Thanks Received:
    I have been busy lately missed out on all of them interesting post's above this one.

I have been realy busy "checking my email" on my gaming computer :p
  12. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    Ive lost my Creative DDL license key & I cant find it anywhere. does anyone know if its possible to back the key up or if theres a way to see the key in the license profiles or something?? I dred having to contact Creative CC about it. but when i get the money Im definitely gonna get a different sound card
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2009
  13. imperialreign

imperialreign New Member

Thanks Received:

I'm honestly not sure, man . . . :confused:
  14. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    XFi [​IMG]
  15. grunt_408

grunt_408

Thanks Received:
    I got me a xtreme gamer now yay
  16. imperialreign

imperialreign New Member

Thanks Received:
    Creative have released a new driver for the PCI X-Fi lineup (which excludes the Titanium series and the Xtreme Audio series) for Win XP x86/x64, Vista x86/x64, WIN 7 x86/x64. New driver version 2.18.0013.

NOTE: This driver version is the first non-beta (read: official) WIN 7 supported driver release - as well as support for all current MS OSes, both 32-bit and 64-bit. Creative's support download page can be found here: http://support.creative.com/Products/Products.aspx?catid=1

Release notes:

Also of note . . . the OpenAL API has been updated to version 2.0.7.0 for both x86 and x64 installations. The download is available here: http://connect.creativelabs.com/openal/Downloads/oalinst.zip

Release Notes:
    Make sure you update . . . especially Vista users!!
  17. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    all i can see are the Beta drivers so far, nothing about the 1.18.0013's

::EDIT::

Dont worry, i ran over to Guru3D to get it

::EDIT 2::

& I forgot to read that it 'Excludes' support for the titanium series... no wonder..... no love for me then i guess....
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2009
  18. Ketxxx

Ketxxx Heedless Psychic

Thanks Received:
    I have to ask.. does "X-Fi support syndicate" actually translate to: Support for Creative X-Fi users that are/being driven mentally insane by crap official support and drivers :p
  19. btarunr

btarunr Editor & Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    No.

There would be no TechPowerUp forums if everything you buy works perfectly or you know how to use everything perfectly.

Don't get into Creative bashing here.
  20. Ketxxx

Ketxxx Heedless Psychic

Thanks Received:
    Theres no Creative bashing, just common knowledge Creative support sucks, so in a comical way to make things more light hearted I asked what I did, in the way I did. Now go take that stick out your butt :p
  21. btarunr

btarunr Editor & Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Which is what I asked you not to post on. This thread is not about bitching at Creative. If you have the urge to bitch, find the nearest woman. Preferably over 50 years of age.
  22. Ketxxx

Ketxxx Heedless Psychic

Thanks Received:
    You have a sense of humor bypass or something? Nevermind.
  23. imperialreign

imperialreign New Member

Thanks Received:
    Ket, TBH, sarcasm doesn't really translate too well on the i-nets . . . and we know you've been overly vocal in your stance against Creative in the past - I can't blame bta for interpreting your post as the first step towards open bashing . . .

but, in all seriousness, I had started this thread (and mentioned numerous times in it) to offer support for issues because of how poor Creative's tech and customer support was. Occasionally I'll fire a question at their tech support just to see what their answer will be, and I'm usually given a long response that begins a process of running in circles . . . and their forums are full of creative bashers, so legitimate problems become overlooked.

Biggest reason why Creative bashing goes untolerated here . . . this thread is meant to offer help to users who have legitimate issues and are trying to resolve them.
  24. Ketxxx

Ketxxx Heedless Psychic

Thanks Received:
    Like I said, just figured I would try to bring a smile to some poor sods otherwise probably dismal day fighting a Creative problem. We all know how it sucks troubleshooting something theres seemingly no answer for.
  25. purezerg Guest

yeah I'm also very pissed with mine from 5.1 to 2.1 not exactly 2.1. vista still says 5.1 but it's either centre sound will go the right side or rear would completely disappear or front left/right would go to centre. had to reboot just to temp fix the sound. but after installing danielK's support pack 2.0 it seems that it has gone away.. still need a few more days to confirm that.

connection to speakers are analog. I tried optical. same problems. optical as in "encoder DTS connect" rather than set SPDIF as default.

but i did realized that I had that problem when I am using CMSS. when i disabled everything. it doesnt occur cuz the rear and centre isnt used for music.

the channel shift is during music and video.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2009